Chapter 20

[Hello! Everyone! I hope that all of you are having a good day! I love you all so much and thank you for your support and understanding! Please make sure to vote and comment!]

_

I couldn't wait for my fathers to come back, to see the massive huge smile on their faces. I knew that my father would say yes to Alec's proposal. I mean both of them were hugely in love and it makes me wonder if I could find someone like that. Would I ever? I mean, my mother never did... Instead of that she got stuck with me.

"What are you thinking about?" I heard a familiar voice ask. Samuel. I turned myself around and looked at Samuel, who was standing in my room's door opening.

"About love." I said and I wish that I could have just shut my mouth because it came out so blunt.

I saw Samuel's confusing reaction. He smiled softly and I felt my cheeks flushing red. No, Ella. Do not blush. It will make you look even more stupid.

"Are you not a bit too young for that?" He asked and I just laughed it off.

"I am but my fathers. Alec is proposing to my father and I am just waiting for them." I said and Samuel nodded as if he understood why I said what I said but he didn't. Not at all...

"Oh, finally Mr. Lightwood and Mr. Bane are going to get married." He said and walked inside my room. I was still sitting down on the corner of my bed.

Samuel was absolutely the opposite of his brother Chris. He had caring nature character whereas with Chris, he could care less about anyone else. He probably helped me during that demon attack because he would know that my fathers would probably kill him or at least hurt him.

Chris was obnoxious, rude and selfish. I got this all from only meeting him once and I prayed to god that I wouldn't meet him again which was impossible because we kind of lived together and his brother was a friend of mine. At least I thought that Samuel was my friend.

I just nodded at what Samuel said because I had no idea what to think about it. I just know my fathers for a few weeks and I could tell that they were in love but I guess everyone else was just waiting for them to get married.

"Listen, Ella..." Samuel whispered now. His voice was much softer and so were his eyes. When I looked into his eyes, it looked like his eyes were full of guilt which I didn't understand at all.

"I am sorry for what happened when we went for demon hunting." Samuel said and he sat down next to me. I just smiled at him.

Samuel and I didn't really see each other than when I would train together with Alec. I knew it was my father's doing. He still didn't forgive him for me getting hurt but I guess he will get over it soon.

"It is okay, Sam. Don't worry about it." I said and Samuel smiled.

"Sam? I like that." He said and I laughed softly.

"Ella." I heard someone say. When I looked up, I thought I would see my fathers but I saw uncle Jace.

"Uncle Jace?" I asked a bit confused. It looked like he was out of breath and he looked worried but relieved at the same time.

"Come with me now!" He shouted and I frowned. I was a bit hesitant but still listened to him.

I stood up from my bed and quickly walked over to uncle Jace. He held my hand and I saw Samuel walking towards us too. I was confused and looking at Samuel so was he.

"What happened?" I asked worriedly as I looked over at my uncle.

"Someone got arrested who could possibly know where your mother is." He said and held me tighter which started to hurt my arm. I did not understand why he was holding me in the first place. It wasn't like I would get lost here.