Chapter 47

The last few chapters will be written in a third point of view.
________________________________

Ella looked at Chris who seemed anxious enough already. His pale expression and trembling hands said enough to her. She had never seen this side of him. He always presented himself as a courageous warrior but now he wasn't even a little bit of that. He didn't feel powerful or strong enough to stand against Lucifer. Especially, knowing that he had Samuel.

"We will get him back." Ella reassured Chris by looking upon his worried yet terrified expression. She exactly felt the same way when she went to save her mother but still failed to do so.

She promised herself that this time, she would save both Alec and Samuel. No matter what would happen. She wanted both of them to live. She would curse herself if it would turn out the different way as it did for her mother. She wouldn't be able to live with that and she would never forgive herself either.

Chris just nodded his head in agreement as he couldn't find the right words to express himself. He had hurt her enough with his words earlier on this day. He didn't wanted to repeat the same mistake again. Lose his anger and take it out on her. It wasn't fair to Ella.

None of this was.

She had never asked for this kind of responsibility and yet got it from, and everyone expected her to give a hundred precent when she couldn't even figure herself out as a person. This was overwhelming and Chris couldn't imagine how hard it must have been for her.

She lost so much along the way.

She lost her old life which was definitely less dramatic and dangerous as this one was. She lost the one person that was always there for her and yet everyone blamed her for everything that went wrong in the Shadow world when she had no clue how to stop it. She still had no clue but at this point she had no choice left anymore. Everyone held her responsible.

I did, Chris thought and shook the thought away from his mind. He and the rest of the people knew exactly that it wasn't her fault.

It was just easier to blame her for everything than feeling powerless and watching the people they loved die. They couldn't live with that kind of guilt so they made Ella feel it.

They were portalled to the streets of Brooklyn by Magnus. His heart was beating up his throat by each second of being apart from Alec. He loved him more than anything and he couldn't live without him. He didn't know what he would do if something would happen to him.

Magnus was so thankful of Alec. He made him a better person. A better father... He didn't know what would have happened to Ella if Alec wasn't there to be a father figure for her when he couldn't get himself together to he one.

He exhaled sharply before squeezing his eyes shut. The thought scared him more than anything. He glanced over at Ella who was too busy looking out for anything that was suspicious. The wind breeze blew her hair a little bit behind her shoulder which made her look so pure and angelic.

The side of Magnus's lip curled up and formed into a small smile as he admired his daughter. He sighed deeply, hoping that he would get a chance to see her grow up as well as Alec.

He felt like Alec deserved it more than him. Magnus still didn't find a way for forgiving himself for the way he treated Ella in the beginning. The pain he made her go through. He couldn't help but to compare himself to his own father, Asmodues.

I was no better than him, Magnus thought as he now  glanced over at his own father that was trying to search for any demonic energy that they could use to track down Lucifer.

Even though, Ella forgave him, Magnus couldn't believe his own father. He didn't know how Ella could but then again, she wasn't there when he truly made him want to go evil. When he made him do those evil things.

I need you, Alec. Please don't give up, Magnus begged as he stopped himself from becoming too emotional. He didn't wanted Ella to see this part of him. The part that made him always lose his mind or become someone he never was.

He went through this dark phase when Ella was born and taken away from him immediately together with Angela...

Angela...

The woman that gave him this wonderful daughter. Ella looked more like her mother than him which Magnus was happy about. He would never want her to be like him. He wasn't as good as Angela was. The simple stuff she always did that made everyone happy was more than enough.

Ella was exactly like her.

She always put others before her and cared more about others than her own self. Even when she wasn't supposed to do that. She was pure and Magnus hoped that she would always remain like this. Always remain this good because that's what truly made her Ella Bane.

"You never get enough of staring at her. The euphoric feeling will never fade away. Even when she finds her own way of living." Asmodues suddenly said, making Magnus come out of his thought.

He stared coldly at his father who was trying to get closer to him by each second he was around him. He turned his body around to look at him more better and lifted his right eyebrow up.

"You know, this father talk won't make me feel closer to you. So stop the nonsense already. The only reason why you are here is because of my daughter. You should be thankful to her that I haven't already abandoned you back to Edom." Magnus spoke sternly and just gave a death glare to his father before walking off, leaving him alone.

Asmodues breathed out as he felt the sharp pain in his chest. It hurt him more than words could describe. He knew he had damaged Magnus in a way that couldn't be healed anymore. It was far too late for that and it was far too painful for it.

"He will forgive you one day..." Ella said softly as she looked at her grand father who looked devastated towards the direction of Magnus.

Asmodues bitterly laughed before shaking his head, preventing himself from crying. He breathed out sharply before saying, "I have hurt him in ways that I can't be forgiven for."

Ella glanced over at her father before turning back to her grandfather and smiled. "It might take him some time but I am sure that if your intentions are good, he will forgive you. No matter what." Ella reassured him and he nodded his head.

"I hope you are right." He sighed out and Ella just smiled as she nodded her head.

"I am sure. Forgiveness takes time but I am sure it will come. He misses you. Even if he is not ready to accept that just yet." Ella said as if she could read her father's mind.

She knew exactly how he always pushed people away. He pushed her away, not wanting to believe that something good could happen to him which it did. At least she hoped that she was something or someone good in his life.

Something he looked forward too.

Asmodues smiled before patting his granddaughter on her shoulder and said, "Maybe my forgiveness will start from you."

________________________________

Helloooo!
Welcome back to another chapter!
Do you guys think Asmodues is being genuine?
And
What do you think might happen in the future chapters?
🌚🌚🌚