Chapter 45

I looked at my father who was sobbing softly but when he saw my eyes meeting his, he quickly wiped his tears away while he walked towards me. Did he hear everything?

"We will do anything to find them both safely back." My father said, reassuring everyone, including the family members of Samuel.

Chris looked over at Magnus and scoffed while he titled his head, and one side of his lip curled up while he bitterly smiled at him.

"Of course you will. Mr. Lightwood means something to you and if he wasn't in the position he was in, you would have never helped." Chris shot up at my father.

I could see how uncomfortable he was and he looked away from Chris's eyes. He sighed out before he looked up, looking directly into his eyes and said, "I would have."

Chris again shook his head as he walked a bit closer towards me and my father. I could feel myself getting angry at Chris. I understood that he was angry with me but my father had nothing to do with this.

It was my fault for leaving them behind.

Not his.

"You have always been selfish. You never did something out the good of your heart and you have always asked something in return." Chris's voice trailed off and he glanced over at me.

I could feel my chest going up and down out of anger. I clenched my hands into a fists as I angrily glared at him. He looked away from me and then looked over at my father again.

"You even did that to your own daughter, didn't you?" He asked and my father looked away from him as he hurtfully, and ashamed looked down.

"Chris!" Alexis shouted, warning him that he was crossing his limits but he didn't care. He was so blinded by his rage that he didn't even realise what he was doing.

"I am just saying what's the truth. This is what he is and this is what Ella is going to be." Chris said and looked at me with full disgust in his eyes.

"You are unbelievable." I said finally. My voice was harsh and I looked at him with anger firing out of my eye balls.

"I am unbelievable but yet you are the one who has left us?!" He asked, raising his voice at me. I clenched my jaw as I looked at him.

"I KNOW!" I screamed, getting him by surprise. He looked at me slightly with his eyes widened and I couldn't figure out whether it was out of anger or disbelief.

"I know that I fucking left but I thought that I was helping and I did! I came with a way to end all of this at once!" I shouted at him. Everyone was quiet. Even Chris himself. He just listened to me ranting at him, to me being furious.

"But you are acting like I have done something selfish when I haven't and you dare judging my father?" I asked in disbelief as I looked at him. The tears were burning in my eyes and it wasn't out of sadness but just this once, I was too frustrated. I was too angry.

"Judge me. Break me. Hurt me but don't get at him. Don't involve my father in this when it is actually me you are angry at." I said throughout my gritted teeth. My small hands were clenched into fists as I spoke to him and I was pretty sure that Chris knew that I had hit my rock bottom with him.

I couldn't explain our relationship.

At first, I thought we were going to hate each other until death came and torn us apart but that changed. It changed so suddenly that I didn't even have time to over think whatever had happened between us. I allowed him to come closer to me and somehow, he was the only one that could get me back to my senses when Lucifer would have me under his influence.

We grew closer... so close that I almost thought that our bond was unbreakable and as it lasted, it felt amazing. It felt so good. The sweet kiss we shared... I felt like I was flying. I felt like I actually started liking him but seeing this side of him, seeing how he just turned his table in a second just because he was angry at me, I couldn't.

I don't think I could have enough energy to worry about that too when everyone else expected me to carry the wrath of Lucifer. When everyone expected an eighteen year old girl to get rid of a thousand years older evil angel.

"Ella..." I heard my father say which made my eyes soften. I looked away from Chris and turned myself around to face him.

He was still a crying mess and if he could have controlled, he would but when pain reaches at it's peak, no one was actually able to handle that. One way or another, they would have expressed it in their own way. Whether it was crying or getting angry. I sighed as I realised that this was probably Chris's way to handle with his pain which it was.

He was going to regret acting with me in that manner.

"Let's go home." He said as he gently patted my shoulder. I breathed out and nodded my head as I remained looking at him.

"Let's go." I said and wanted to walk away when I felt a hand encircling my wrist. Confused, I stopped my tracks and before I knew, Chris turned me around so I could face him.

I looked at him with a blank expression on my face. I truly had nothing to say to him. I didn't know what to say to him. I didn't even knew what he wanted from me. Was he going to hurt my feelings again or did he came back to reality already?

"What?" I asked in a cold voice when he didn't do anything than just staring at me. Again, I couldn't make sense of what his expression was supposed to be. Was he angry that I was leaving or was he sorry?

"Don't leave." He said in a low voice as he remained looking deeply into my eyes. My eyes softened and I could feel myself relax more. I wanted to jerk my wrist away from his grip but the other part of me didn't wanted to do that.

I wanted to be there for him because I needed him there too...

"Please... Just don't leave me too..." He whispered so softly so I was the only one able to hear him. I looked at him and exhaled sharply before nodding my head.

He better apologise to me later on.

________________________________

Hello everyone! How are all of you? I am so sorry that I couldn't upload last week. It is hard to write when working all days... I really tried my best but here you go!