Chapter 38

Hello angels! How is everyone doing? I hope that all of you are safe and healthy! Keep yourself active during this quarantine season! Enjoy this chapter my loves!
_________________________________

ALEC'S POV

I held tightly onto Ella and looked furiously at Magnus. What went through his mind to call her broken? It would make everything worse for her and put her down even more. Magnus looked away from me and Ella.

"Ella, you need to promise me." I said as I looked down to her. I held her onto her cheeks and looked into her blue eyes.

"You need to promise me that you won't ever leave us." I said and I meant it. Ella meant the world to me. She made me feel this kind of love that I had never ever felt before. The love and meaning of a child.

Ella was my daughter. My blood may not run through her veins but she was my child. The terror and sadness I would feel when she was pain. The distress and anxiety that came with it. I would never be able to explain it. This was my worst nightmare. Seeing her break over her mother's death and becoming vulnerable towards Lucifer's influence...

It was terrifying.

"I promise." She spoke out sadly and I breathed out in relief as I pulled her into a hug again, tightly onto my chest as if I was afraid that she was going to leave me soon. I felt her small hands wrap around my waist and I heard her sob.

It broke my heart. It broke me apart because I knew that I couldn't do anything to help her.

There was no way that Magnus would go back to Edom to speak to Asmodues. The last time he asked for help, he took his powers. I nearly lost him to it. I won't let him do it again.

"Go to your room and have some rest. You need it. I will come later." I said as I looked at Ella. She smiled softly as she nodded her head and walked towards Magnus. She held his hand as she was standing in front him.

"Please, don't go." She begged him. I saw the terror in Magnus's eyes and I know that he must have been feeling even worse than I have. After all, Ella was his only heir and child. I know that he would have done anything for her. Even if that meant losing his powers all over again.

"I won't." He said as he smiled. He took a few steps forward and kissed Ella on her forehead.

"Go have some rest, munchkin." He said and Ella nodded her head. She made her way out of the hall and I turned myself around to Chris who still looked like he had seen a demon from another universal hell dimension.

"You can't speak of what happened here." I said and Chris nodded his head without really speaking back. I could see that he was shaken up by everything that happened and I knew that he must have gotten hurt.

"Do you need medical help?" I asked as I looked down on his arm. It was a bit swollen and it looked like it was bleeding slightly. Chris shook his head.

"The healing rune would be fine." He answered. I nodded my head and Chris also made his way out of the hall which only left me and Magnus. Alone.

"Alexander-" "No. I won't hear of it." I said. I knew exactly what he was going to say and I wasn't going to be okay with it. We lost Angela and I wasn't ready to lose someone else. Especially if that meant Magnus. My entire world would fall apart.

He meant everything to me.

"Alec, she is my daughter. Wouldn't you do it if you had the chance?" Magnus asked and I sighed. That wasn't fair.

"You know I would." I said as I looked at him. Magnus walked towards me and held my hands tightly. He looked me into my eyes. I could see his brown eyes filling with tears.

"If I lose Ella because of my selfishness of keeping my powers, I would never be able to forgive myself." He said as he looked at you.

"It doesn't make you selfish, Mags..." I said softly. He sighed and shook his head.

"Maybe not but either way, I would lose her. I can't let it happen." He said and I could see the pain in his eyes as he was speaking to me.

"What if he punishes you this time? What will you do then? Let Ella grow up without her father?" I asked and I was getting angry. I wasn't angry at him but at myself. I felt useless in this manner as if I could do nothing to help them.

They were my family and I couldn't do anything.

"She has you. You are her father too." Magnus said and I sighed as I shook my head.

"You know what I mean, Magnus." I replied. Magnus and Ella were her biological parents. She already lost her mother. If she would lose Magnus, I don't know what will happen.

"I know." He said softly as he looked down now.

"If Ella loses you in return of her safety and protection from Lucifer, I am afraid that she might do harm to herself." I said and I meant it. We were now her emotional support. She found comfort in knowing that we were here but if she were to lose Magnus, all of that would go away.

"I will go with another warlock." Magnus replied and I sighed.

"It does not guarantee your protection, my love." I said and he looked up as he weakly smiled at me.

"I have no other choice." He said softly. He put his hands on my cheeks and came closer as he kissed me softly on my lips.

"I love you so much, Alexander. Even more than life itself but I need to do this. Not only for Ella but for everyone... For my family." He said and I breathed out after the kiss.

"I love you too, Magnus... but this... this doesn't feel right." I said softly.

"I will be fine." He reassured me and kissed me again softly against my lips before pulling me into a tight hug.