Chapter 16

[WELCOME TO A NEW CHAPTER AND A HAPPY YEAR TO THIS ACCOUNT ON WATTPAD! I honestly can't believe that I have been here for a year! Thank you for always reading my stories! I love you all so much! This special chapter is to all of you! Let me know in the comments what you think and please vote!]

_

I slowly opened my eyes when I heard Alec say something. My eyesight was blurry and my head was still hurting. This was when I finally realized that I was bitten by the rare demon. When I tried to sit up my father stopped me.

"Don't. You still may feel dizzy." He said and I nodded. Alec was standing at the other side of the bed which made me question what had happened. Both of them looked upset.

"Are Samuel and Chris okay?" I asked and my father nodded. I sighed and smiled.

I shouldn't be smiling because I could have died but the adrenaline that kicked inside of me when I tried to stop the demon was incredible. The aftermath of the venom spreading in my body wasn't so incredible but it gave me some sense of what Shadowhunters go through to protect the humans from demons. My mother did this before she had me and I wish she was here to see how I did it. I wanted her to be proud of me...

"That was amazing." I sighed out and both Alec and my father looked at me in surprise.

"Excuse me?" My father asked in disbelief and I felt like he was going to get mad at me.

"I mean, it was the first time that I have faced a demon and it was amazing. Although, I did get scared." I said and I saw Alec smiling. I guess, he understood me the best. My father just looked at me as he had seen a ghost.

"Did you lose your mind?" My father asked angrily and I looked at him.

"You are never demon-hunting again and especially not with those guys." My father said and I sighed.

"Really father? Wasn't it the goal that I had to see what my inner shadowhunter was and now that I finally made some friends you are banning me from seeing them?" I asked a bit annoyed.

"I don't know if you have seen it but everyone looks differently at me. No one talks to me than only Chris and Samuel. So please, do not do this." I said and my father sighed.

"Ella, you have to understand that someone has your mother and they are looking for you too. If they get to you, I don't know what will happen." He said and I could see the vulnerability in his eyes. I knew that he was afraid to lose me.

"Nothing will happen to me and I promise, I will be careful." I said and I held his hands. My father weakly smiled at me and nodded.

"And what's up between you two?" I asked as I still could feel the tension between them. Normally, they would talk but they are just staring at each other and trying to avoid talking to one another.

"Nothing." Alec answered and I glared at him.

"I am not a child. I can tell that there is something wrong." I said and both of them sighed.

"I was stupid." My father said and now I looked over at my father, who was staring at Alec.

"It doesn't matter." Alec said.

"It does." My father replied quickly.

"I shouldn't have said what I said. I know you care about Ella and you wouldn't do something to bring her in danger. I shouldn't have said that." My father said and I just looked at Alec, and then looked over at my father.

"It is okay, Mags. Believe me." Alec said and smiled at my father. Both of them bent over the bed and kissed each other as I widened my eyes.

"Okay, I am really glad that you made it up but please do not kiss in front of your child!" I shouted and hid my eyes with my hands. Alec and my father started to laugh.

"Do you want anything to eat?" My father asked and I nodded. I was starving. I think it was early in the morning. I guess it felt like that.

"I will get something. Do you want some too?" My father asked Alec and he nodded.

"Okay, be careful." My father said and I laughed softly. He walked over to me and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"I am sure there is nothing here that can hurt me." I said and my father just smiled before leaving. Alec looked at me and smiled.

"Ella, I have to talk to you about something." Alec said seriously and I looked at him.

"Tell me." I said and Alec sat down.

"You know that your father and I have been together for a quite long time. I was planning to ask him to marry me but I figured out to ask you first if you were okay with it." Alec said and my eyes widened out of happiness and shock.

"What? Not a good idea?" Alec asked hesitantly and I shook my head but then quickly nodded whilst laughing.

"It is an amazing idea!" I shouted happily and Alec put his finger on his mouth to shush me.

"I am sorry." I said quickly and much more quietly. Alec smiled.

"So, I have your permission to marry your father?" Alec asked and I nodded.

"You guys are perfect for each other. Of course, you do." I said with a smile and hugged him. Alec chuckled softly.

"I want to arrange it." I said and Alec looked at me in confusion.

"The wedding?" He asked surprised and I nodded.

"I guess you have to fight off your aunt Isabelle or find a way to work together." Alec said and laughed softly. It felt weird, knowing that I had a family here and honestly, it made me feel so loved.

"Alec?" I asked.

"Yes." He replied.

"Thank you for believing in me and helping me in the beginning." I said and he smiled.

"Always." He answered.

"You really are like my father. If it is okay. Can I call you dad?" I asked and I was a bit anxious. I knew that everything was still new but this felt right. I had two fathers instead of one and it was amazing.

"Yes, of course, you can." Alec said with a genuinely happy smile and he hugged me again.

"I love you, dad." I said and he smiled.

"I love you too, Ella." He said.

[I hope you like this chapter! I am confused about how I should name Alec and Magnus now lmao. Because they are both Ella's father. Should I say dad Alec and dad Magnus or father Alec or father Magnus? Let me know in the comments and also leave a vote xo]