Chapter 29

Hey everyone! I am uploading so much often. Who would have thought that I would upload three times a week? I hope that you guys will be happy with it! Enjoy the chapter!
_________________________________

"What do you mean?" I asked quickly as I got out of my bed. It made me even feel more anxious knowing that I just had a nightmare about her.

"Ella, get ready and come to the office." My father said before he left my room together with Alec. I sighed out of annoyance and quickly walked over to the bathroom so I could get ready.

I had a bad gut feeling that something had happened or something would happen. I sighed and straight walked into the shower before undressing myself quickly. As I let the hot water stream over my body, I sighed all over again.

I just hoped that my mother would be okay. I just hoped that nothing has happened to her... I don't know what I would do if I lose her... If I lose her, I will lose myself. I will lose all of it... I don't know what the dream meant but I just prayed to the angels or whoever was up there to protect her... 

She didn't deserve it. 

When I was done with showering, I dried my body and put on black jeans with a nude colour t-shirt. I put my leather jacket on and sighed.

"A proper Shadowhunter style." I mumbled as I looked at myself in the mirror. These were the clothes of Alexis. One of the first girl friends I made here and probably lost her quickly as that. I washed my face and started brushing my teeth.

 I couldn't shake the negative feeling in my stomach. It was seriously making me feel sick. 

"Just please don't take her away from me..." I mumbled softly as some tears streamed down my cheek. I was truly afraid that something would happen to her and I don't know how to act on this... 

Maybe today we could find her and maybe today we could end all of it. My family could come together after all these years... We deserved it. We deserved to be together again. Just like any other family... I wanted my family... More than anything. 

I put some creme on my face. I never usually wear make up so why would I today? My hair was still a little bit wet but my natural curls were already showing. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed.

"I am ready." I said and I don't know why but I didn't feel ready at all. I walked out of the bathroom and then out of my room. When I was in the hallway, I saw Chris leaving his room as well. Our rooms were a bit apart from each other but I could see him at the end of hallway.

He looked at me and gave me a small smile. I don't know why but I got nervous. I got nervous. Again... Why? I gave him a small and just nodded at him when I made my way to the office. 

"Ella!" " I heard Samuel's voice shout and I turned myself around. He was smiling and gave me a quick hug. I could see Chris looking at us and when our eyes met, he looked away from me. I frowned but didn't say or even gave him a sceptical look.

"Are you going to Alec's office?" He asked as we got out the hug. I looked at him in confusion. How did he know I was?

"Yes." I said and Samuel smiled again.

"I am as well. In fact all of us are." Samuel said and I saw Alexis and Charlotte making their way. I gave them a small smile which they returned. All of us together walked to Alec's office and I knocked at the door before we walked in.

Both my fathers were standing in front of the desk and it looked like they had a small argument. Both of them looked a bit heated, like they had a disagreement again. Probably over this... They are afraid.

"You guys are here." Alec said as all of us entered his office. I looked at him and then at my father, who looked like he was going to explode. I looked at him in confusion but when our eyes met, he just gave me a small smile in order to reassure me.

Sike, I know you better. I am his daughter at the end of the day. What does he think? He can't fool me like that.

"Angela is found." Alec said and I heard a few gasps coming in the room. I knew certainly that it was Alexis and Samuel. I felt like everyone was looking at me than actually paying attention. My heart was still pounding in my chest. 

"What is it the bad news, dad?" I asked as I looked at him. Alec looked at me hesitant like he didn't wanted to tell me what was going on.

"We know that the darkness has captured her. They are willing to give Angela back if you go with them." Alec said and I could see my father already sighing. They were stressed. I could see it.

"This is old news. I was sent in a portal to my dad when this happened. I know that they have her and I know they want me." I said as I looked at him. 

"They gave us a deadline. If we don't hand you over in 24 hours, they will kill her." Alec said and I felt like my heart had left my body. I took a few steps back and I touched Samuel slightly. I could see my father taking a few steps towards me as if he wanted to catch me. I swallowed and tried holding my tears back.

"What are you guys waiting for?" I asked and both my fathers looked at me in disbelief.

"We can't do that. We know that they are trying to get to you." My father said. I shook my head.

"I won't let her die for me, father." I said as I looked at both of them.

"She would die for you." Alec said.

"And I would die for her." I said determined.