Chapter 22

IT IS TODAY LOIS'S BIRTHDAY! Make sure to wish her! alecsmags ❤️
____________________________________

"Dad, I have to go." I said and I saw him looking at me in confusion. I just smiled and quickly walked upstairs.

I was happy to see someone that I knew before this Shadow world. I mean, it would make sense. I would have never thought that Michael had to do something with it. Not even a little bit...

He was as good as hiding it as my mother... And what the hell is the circle? Who were they? I just don't understand any of it.

I made a mistake. A big one too...

I told Samuel that I was a half breed. I freaking told him... I wasn't scared for myself... Oh hell no... I couldn't care less what would have happened to me but what if I bring someone else in problems... What if I bring my fathers in problems.

I rushed upstairs. When I was finally at the main office, I ran towards Samuel's room. When I reached, I knocked as hard as I could.

"Jeez, I am coming." I heard Samuel say annoyed. When he opened the door, he looked confused.  He clearly didn't expect to see me here.

"Ella?" He asked surprised. I was standing in front of his room door. Totally out of breath and probably sweating as well. This was horrible.

"Are you not suppose to be downstairs? Like with that person that knows you?" He asked hesitantly and I was still heavily breathing.

"No, I mean yes but I have to speak to you." I said out of breath and he looked now even more confused than he already was. Good job, Ella.

"Come in." He said and I smiled. I walked inside his room. Surprised, I looked around. His room wasn't like normal rooms. It was messy but somehow still organised. He had a piano in the middle of his room and a bookshelf.

It looks like he loves to read. Weird guy.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked as he was sitting down on the chair of the piano. I decided to sit next to him.

"I euhm..." I mumbled softly. How could I put it into a sentence? I mean, I am a half breed and don't tell anyone okay? I sighed and saw Samuel still staring at me. He is probably thinking that I was going insane.

"I wanted to talk about what I said to you." I said and Samuel seemed to realise what I was directing it too.

"Oh, that you are a half breed?" He asked and waited for me to confirm it. I nodded my head.

"Yes." I said softly. I saw Samuel just looking at me as if he had seen a ghost and it hurt. Samuel was the only friend I made since my whole existence. Knowing that I could lose him now because of what I am was hurtful.

"I won't tell anyone." He said and surprised, I looked at him.

"What? You wouldn't?" I asked still surprised and Samuel chuckled softly.

"I don't know why you are so shocked. You are my friend and I care about you. I wouldn't let anything hurt you. Not even the clave themselves." Samuel said and I smiled. I was relieved. Really relieved.

"I know that the clave would kill you if they were to know that you are a half breed. I don't agree with it and it is killing innocents for no valid reason. It's not preventing but committing a crime. The clave is blinded by their pride." Samuel said and when he spoke out his words, I could hear the hatred he had for the clave.

"Why do people support the clave if they know what they are doing is not good?" I asked confused. It seemed fair to me to put them off their reign over the shadowhunters. They were suppose to set rules which would protect everyone, including me and other people who were half breeds.

"Because the clave knows how to make people shut up. Money and many more things Ella. We are really outnumbered." Samuel said and I sighed.

"But don't worry. Your secret will be safe with me." He said and I smiled. I looked over to the piano. I never knew he played.

"I can show you something." Samuel said as he saw me looking over at the piano. I smiled towards him as I nodded.

"That would be amazing." I said and Samuel smiled. He let his fingers tap on each note of the piano and he was fast too. The music that came out of it was even more magical than I had ever heard.

"This is magnificent." I said softly and I looked at Samuel who was already staring at me.

"Do you want to try?" He asked and I laughed.

"I can't play... I just sing." I said as I was still laughing softly. Samuel smiled and he looked surprised.

"I never knew that you sang." He stated and I smiled.

"I never knew that you played piano." I said and now it was Samuel's turn to smile. We looked at each other for a while and somehow I felt like I was fading away into his eyes. His dark blonde hair was messy which made him look even more attractive.

I heard someone opening the door and then chuckling.

"Sorry to disturb you little brother but our cousins are waiting for us." I heard Chris say. I quickly moved away from Samuel. Even though we were not that close. Samuel cleared his throat and looked at his elder brother.

"Alexis and Charlotte are here?" Samuel asked and Chris just rolled his eyes.

"You are really deaf isn't it?" He asked annoyed and walked away from him. Samuel turned himself around to me and awkwardly smiled at me.

"I euhmm... have to go." He said and I just nodded.

"Yeah, cousins." I said and smiled. He nodded and left his room. I took a deep breathe out and walked out of his room. What the hell was that? It shouldn't be awkward...

I was glad that Samuel would keep my secret. Not would he only save me but my family... I knew whatever would happen, my fathers would go against anyone who would hurt me... So by knowing that my secret is safe, I don't have to worry...

I trusted Samuel... I just hope he wouldn't break it...