Chapter 37

Paralyzed hit 20k readers! You guys are insane oh my god! Thank you so much! *crying emoji* I love all of you so much!
_________________________________

My father pushed Chris away and held onto me. I saw his eyes changing to what I thought was his warlock mark. I don't know what he was doing but I could feel him. I could feel his energy in my veins.

"No..." He said softly when he let go of me. He looked at me as if he saw a stranger. The look he gave me when he saw me for the first time and it made my heart ache already.

Whatever he was going to tell me, it wasn't going to be good.

"What is it, Magnus?" Alec asked worried as he looked at him. With one hand, he reached out to me and the other hand was behind my father's back.

My father shook his head as he looked in terror at me.

"I am going to kill him." He said angrily and Alec looked now even more confused than he was already.

"What?" He spoke out confused and I knew who he meant. I knew who it was about...

"Lucifer..." I said softly. Chris looked at me now. He looked so worried. A look I barely saw from him.

I could hear him and worse, I could feel whatever he was feeling at that moment. It felt like we were linked...

"He linked you to himself." Magnus said angrily. He was raging. I have seen my father angry but not this angry. He was furious at this point as if he could kill Lucifer right now in a heart beat.

"What?" Alec spewed out in shock. He quickly looked at me and held me with both hands. He looked at me form up and down.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He quickly asked and I shook my head. I was still shaken up with everything that happened. He wanted me to give in. Give in to the dark energy I felt inside of me.

"I need to go to Edom." My father said as he was looking at Alec and me. I didn't know what he meant. I don't know anything of it.

"Absolutely not." Alec protested against the idea of Edom.

"What is Edom?" I asked as I looked at both of my fathers. My father looked at me and smiled weakly but I knew that he forced himself to do that.

"It's a hell dimension..." He said softly and I scoffed.

"Why would you want to go there?" I asked in surprise.

"To see my father." He said and I widened my eyes slightly. Alec shook his head.

"I won't let you do that. Remember the last time you went down there for his help?!" Alec shouted out loud. He was angry. Also a side I had never seen of him again.

"I didn't have choice back then and neither do I have one now, Alexander!" My father fired back at Alec. Alec clenched his jaw angrily and shook his head.

"I won't allow it." He said and somehow in his voice, I could sense that he was scared.

"Don't go." I said. My father looked at me and he shook his head.

"I am fine. I am." I said to reassure him. My father shook his head again.

"No you are not." He said strongly. I blinked a few times and looked over at Alec who looked worried at me. All of them were worried about me. I couldn't just see it but sense it too.

"Dad...-" "I need to see your grand father. He may find a way to wear off Lucifer's influence on you." He said and I looked at him.

"I..." I said softly.

"I can manage it." I said determined and Alec shook his head. He held my hand tightly together. I thought for a second that he was shaking but it was actually me.

"You can't do this on your own." He said as he looked at me and I sighed. I looked over at Chris who still had the worried look on his face.

"But you can't go back to your father. The last time. He took your magic." Alec said and looked at my father. My father sighed annoyed.

"She is under the influence of the king of hell. Not just a dimension of hell but king of all hell dimensions." My father said frustrated as he angrily looked at Alec.

"Dad, I can manage. I can ignore him." I said and I meant it. I managed to do it now with the help of Chris. If... if he was with me, I might pull it off.

I couldn't allow my father to go somewhere where he could be at risk. My father shook his head again, disagreeing with me.

"Not when you are broken like this, Ella." My father said and even Alec widened his eyes when my father spoke out his words. I gasped softly when I heard it. My heart sank and the tears in my eyes started to stream down.

I was overwhelmed with a lot but that didn't mean that I was broken... Was I?

"Do you think that I am broken?" I asked as my voice broke down. My father realised what he said and shook his head immediately.

"I didn't mean it that way." He said quickly and I sobbed.

"You did." I said as I sobbed again. I looked my father in the eye and I could see the regret of his word usage.

"I don't care what happens to me but you are not going back to your father or..." "Or what?" My father asked.

"Or I will leave this place and I mean it. You won't be able to find me." I said as I looked at him. His eyes widened out of shock. Alec shook his head.

"Ella... No." He said softly. He looked at me and I could see the fear on his face. I looked down because I couldn't bare to look at it.

The guilt I felt that came with it. I couldn't.

I cried softly and Alec pulled me into a hug.

"Don't you ever say that again to us. You won't leave your fathers. You hear me?" Alec said and I could hear the anger and sadness in voice.

I held onto him tightly as I cried out. Even my own father thought that I was broken. Maybe I was...

Maybe everyone in this shadow world was somehow broken.