Chapter 48

Ella stared at the field where demons are overloading everywhere, from every corner. She sighed as she hurtfully squeezed her eyes shut. She could see mundanes being swayed away by the demons, literally being killed by a invisible form. Chris titled his head to the side and looked at Ella who definitely seemed bothered by it. Everyone who was looking at this sight was bothered and hurt.

The fact that they couldn't really do something about it was even worse.

Ella took her seraph blade in her hand as she started walking towards the field. She couldn't see this. She didn't wanted too. Not when she could at least save some of the people there.

"Ella!" Chris shouted which made her stop in between her tracks. She breathed out as she slowly turned her body around to look at Chris.

"You know that you can't go in there." He said in a low voice. The guilt still didn't wash away. It still didn't make it easier for her.

"We can't let them die like this!" Ella exclaimed as the crying of the mundanes wouldn't leave her ears. She shook her head in determination before she sighed out and turned herself around.

The demons made the atmosphere so much darker than it already was. The red fog that was released because of their demonic energy was somehow suffocating the mundanes. Fires were blasting everywhere. Yet the humans couldn't see this force that was killing them instantly.

They would just feel a high pitched pain before they slowly died and some mundanes who were unlucky, were caught twice by the demons. Sometimes even torn apart.

Legend says that when the mundanes are closer to their deaths, they start getting the sight for a slight second, seeing what truly had killed them which would be defined as an unclear death in the actual world.

"I want to help them too but you can't do this and beat Lucifer at the same time." Chris said and Ella closed her eyes in annoyance.

"There is a reason why Lucifer wants me to rule beside him. I am sure as hell that I can do both and more." She said in a angry tone as she opened her eyes again.

Alexis who was standing in front of her, slightly was taken back by the colour of Ella's eyes that suddenly had changed to red. If she hadn't known how precious Ella truly was, she would have been terrified of her now.

Ella felt the same sudden power she felt the last time when she couldn't process her mother's death but only this time, she felt like she was truly in control of it. She let both of her arms stretch out as she embraced the power that was filling her up inside out.

Magnus snapped his head towards Ella who was now surrounded with a glittery red glow. His eyes widened slightly when her feet were lifted up. She looked angelic in a devilish way. He couldn't believe what his eyes were witnessing and deep inside, he was scared that Lucifer might take advantage of her during this time.

He knew exactly why he wanted Ella now. She was probably even more powerful than all the high warlocks combined in this entire world. Her energy level would meet the ones of an angel or devil perhaps but then again both of these heavenly creatures were made of the same source.

God.

Ella looked at the field and by just lifting her right hand up, all the demons froze at it's place. It truly looked like someone had paused them. Everyone's eyes were directed to what Ella was doing and truly everyone was mesmerised by it.

"I command all of you!" Ella shouted. Her voice was so loud and it echoed over the entire field, clear enough for anyone to hear it.

The demons were flying up in the air as they looked at Ella. Chris could have sworn that he could see fear in the demons eyes. All of them were frozen at their spot, silently listening to every word Ella was speaking out.