Chapter 13

[Welcome back to a new chapter! I hope you are liking the story? What do you think will happen in the story and where do you think Ella's mum is? Please vote because they keep on going down! Also, I am writing a story named Death Wish ft Dolan Twins and a new story Wrong Number ft Matthew Daddario so if you would check that out, it would mean a lot to me❤️]

_

Samuel and I left quickly after my father for real awkward. There was nothing really going on between him and I. I mean I don't even know who he really was. He was just being welcoming and nice to me which meant a lot. He was the first one to speak to me rather than staring at me or being afraid or disgusted.

I knew I wasn't a normal teenager. Hell, was normal even a thing in the Shadow World? I highly doubt that but I was even weirder than the others. Never was one person half warlock and half shadowhunter but now that I am, people find it weird. They find it more threatening than weird but people always feared things or people they didn't understand. I was one of it and it sucked. I knew I never belonged somewhere and now that somehow my life made a bit of sense, I still didn't belong here.

"So how old are you?" Samuel asked as we walked out of the institute. I looked at him and smiled.

"I am eighteen and you?" I asked. Samuel opened the door for me and I got out first, and he followed me.

"I am nineteen." He said and I nodded. It was still awkward between us because we didn't know each other but I didn't want to scare him away. I always used to do that. That's why I always ended up alone. I was never good enough for someone than just my mother.

I looked up and saw the dark sky. The stars were clear and shiny. The moon was out and nothing was to be heard. It was dead quiet and I liked it. It was so relaxing and peaceful which I needed so badly. I jumped slightly when I saw someone walking towards us.

"And you really want to bring her along while we hunt demons?" He asked which I assumed to be Chris. Samuel's brother. He had dark brown hairand sky blue eyes. His hair was slightly in curls and he had that bitchy rest look on his face which made him come over really intimidating. Samuel rolled his eyes at Chris.

"Be nice. She is new." Samuel said and Chris looked over at me before clicking his tongue.

"Sorry." He said and I just smiled at him, forgiving his disrespectful but true comment.

"But I forgot my manners in my room." Chris said after saying sorry and I just looked away from him. He was not as welcoming as his brother and I felt like he did not like me very much.

"Ignore Chris. He has anger issues." Samuel said and Chris shot an angry glare at his little brother who couldn't really care.

"Let's go to the forest. Most demons hide there." Samuel said and I nodded, just going along with them. I didn't have a clue what they were doing and I wished I had asked for some advice from Alec before because now I will look like a total idiot in front of them.

We walked and walked, and Chris finally stopped. He took his seraph blade out and looked behind him. Samuel nodded over to me and I held my seraph blade out but I had no idea how to hold it. Samuel already went away, moving closer to the demons. They were behind a tree, looking like almost just mud but when they looked up, it looked more like a beast than a demon.

"What the hell." Chris cursed when he saw the demon which already rang alarms to me. They were probably not familiar with this type of demon. I moved a bit away and Samuel attacked it already by trying to stab it but the demon moved away. Chris quickly stabbed the demon and it growled out of pain. I just stood there, not really knowing what to do. The demon scared the life out of me. This was not a good idea.

"Ella, move!" Samuel shouted and when I looked up, the demon was coming my way. Chris quickly ran up to me and pulled my arm. We both fell down which caused us to roll away from the small hill we were on. Chris was above me, staring right in my eyes as we both were heavily breathing. My heart was racing and Chris quickly got up to get to his brother.

"Samuel!" Chris shouted as he got up. He threw small knives at the demon which caused him to growl again but it wasn't enough for it to die. I quickly walked over and tried to stab it but it was too big for me. I looked like a freaking minion.

"Ella! Move away!" Chris shouted and he sounded furious. I was sure if this demon didn't kill me. Chris would. I tried to stab the demon again which made it angry. The demon came my way, holding me up with his muddy hand. I looked down, seeing Samuel and Chris looking at me.

"Bad mistake." I said as I winked at the demon, who looked at me in confusion. I had no idea if this would work but my inner shadowhunter had to come out now. I stabbed the demon right in its chest which made him growl out loud. I saw a sparkling coming out of the demon and before I knew I fell on the ground with demon blood all over me. I grunted as I tried to stand up. My butt felt like it was broken.

"That was smart." Chris said as he tried to help me up. Samuel quickly came towards me and pulled me in a hug.

"God, you have to be careful. You are not trained for this." Samuel said and I just smiled at him. I knew he was right but damn I did a good job and I was proud of it. I knew my mother would be if she knew about it.

I frowned when I saw the demon coming together again. Both Samuel and Chris looked as confused as me.

"Is that normal?" I asked.

"No." Chris immediately said which made me scared. That meant that I hadn't killed the demon at all.

"Guys, we have to go warn the institute. This is not a normal demon." Samuel said.

"I will stay here. You go get help with Ella." Chris said and Samuel shook his head.

"I won't leave you alone here with that demon." Samuel said and the demon was almost back together which made Chris tenser than he already was.

"I can take care of myself. Just go!" Chris shouted and I heard a loud growl again. The demon was back again. Samuel looked over at me as he held my hand. I quickly shook my head.

"I can make a portal. We don't have to walk." I said quickly and Samuel nodded. I had still no idea how to make one but I knew that my emotions were linked with my warlock powers. I used my fear as motivation to get away and the portal was there. I looked behind me at Chris who was waiting for us to leave.

"Be careful." I said and he nodded, facing himself towards the demon. I took Samuel's hand and together we walked through the portal. I just hoped that Chris would be okay and that the others could help him.