Chapter 28

Thank you everyone for 16k readers on Paralyzed! It is crazy how fast this story is growing! Thank you so much for everything! Expect me writing a lot more often now! What are you guys doing during quarantine? 
_________________________________

"Ella..." I heard my mother's voice say softly. I stood up looking around for her.

"Mum!" I shouted, hoping that she would follow my voice and find me... I can't wait to see her, for her to hold me again in her arms, to tell me that everything will be okay... That she would never leave me alone again.

"Ella!" I heard my mother shout in horror. Her voice gave me chills. It was as if she was in pain and in fear... My heart started to race and I started looking around.

I could see that I was on a massive field. Only the angels probably knew where I was. I was holding a seraph blade and confused, I looked at my hand which were fully covered in blood.

"What the hell?" I asked confused. That's when I realised that my clothes were soaked wet with blood. What the hell happened...

"Mum!" I shouted as I ran. No matter how long I was running, I couldn't see her anywhere. I only could hear her voice. Her terrified voice. It was hurting me that I knew that she needed my help and was afraid but I couldn't do anything to help her.

I was so useless... 

"Ella!" I heard my mother shout my name again. I turned myself around and my hair moved everywhere but she wasn't there. I could feel myself tearing up.

"Mum where are you?" I asked softly as I closed my eyes. The tears started streaming down my cheeks.

"I am right here, my love..." I heard my mother say softly. Her voice seemed less terrified and more calm. It felt like she was here... Near me... I opened my eyes and saw my mother standing in front of me. I gasped out of happiness and felt countless tears streaming from my eyes.

"Mum." I said happy as I hugged. Feeling her warmth was as if I was home again... With her... She hugged me tightly.

"You have to be careful." I heard her say. She looked at me now with her beautiful eyes. I looked at her in confusion.

"From what?" I asked.

"From yourself." She said and I looked at her in confusion.

"What?" I asked confused. Now I saw a figure just standing next to her. It was like a shadow. I couldn't see it's face... I couldn't see anything. I could only see it's body which was pitch black... It was almost like a hallucination. 

"Give yourself over or she dies." I heard the figure say. It was a deep voice and it kept on cracking as it spoke. I looked at it in confusion.

"Wait!" I shouted but the shadow took my seraph blade from me in a second and stabbed my mother right through her heart. My mother gasped and I saw the blood flowing out of her mouth.

"MUM!" I screamed and I felt like my heart just fell right out of my chest. I screamed once again when her lifeless body fell down. 

"Ella! Wake up. It is just a dream" I heard a familiar voice say. I gasped and quickly woke up. I looked straight into the eyes of my father. It looked like I terrified him more than I was.

"Dad..." I said softly and I still felt this deep feeling in my chest. A pressing feeling as if I was going to cry at anytime. I hugged him tightly and kept on holding onto him. I could feel myself shaking a bit.

"Your okay. Nothing will happen." He reassured me and I wasn't sure about that.... I wasn't sure whether I should believe that... The dream was so realistic... As if my mother actually died...

"It was mum. I saw her again." I said and deep inside I was happy that I saw her. Even if it just was in my dreams. I could hold her again, touch her and talk to her. I felt like I was forgetting her face. As if it wasn't familiar to me anymore... I saw my father looking at me in confusion.

"What?" He asked. I nodded my head.

"I know it was a dream but I saw her." I said and smiled. I could feel myself tear up. No one knew how much I was actually missing her... It was a horrible feeling not knowing how she was and whether she was in pain or not... If she was still alive or not... 

"Then why did you scream?" My father asked, still confused. 

"Someone killed her... In front of me... It was a shadow..." I said softly. I could see my father looking at me in a bit of a shock. 

"A shadow?" He asked and I nodded. 

"Do you think that I will see her again?" I asked as I looked at my father. My father looked at me and I could tell that he wasn't sure how to answer me on this. Neither was I and it was selfish of me to ask him. He couldn't guarantee it. Even if he wanted it too.

"I will make sure of it." He said.

"I will make sure that you will see your mother again. I promise." He said and I smiled. My father gave me a smile in return and kissed my forehead. It looked like he was afraid after what I had told him but I wasn't sure why...

It was just a dream... right?

"Go get ready for breakfast. You will have training with Alec and then you will be sent out for a mission." He said and I nodded. I was still a bit shaky but I guess that I would be fine. This wasn't the first time that I had a nightmare...

Somehow this felt so much different. It felt much more real... Like it actually had happened. I shut my eyes shut, trying to ignore my thought... 

It can't be real...

She is not dead.

I heard the door opening in a second and with a loud bang it was shut again. When I looked up I saw Alec standing. He looked terrified but relieved at the same time.

"I found out where Angela is but it is not good." He said as he was looking both at me and my father...

Oh my god...