Chapter 27

Helloo! I hope everyone is well during this pandemic... If you need any kind of help please try contacting me! Also thank you for the almost 16k readers on Paralyzed!
_________________________________

After I had dinner, I just walked to my room. I guess I just needed time alone. I felt horrible for making Chris feel bad, even though it wasn't my attention to do so...

I laid down in bed and just sighed. I heard someone knocking on my door and when I saw Alec walking in, I just gave him a weak smile. He walked over to me and sat down on the corner of my bed.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Alec asked and I just shrugged my shoulders. I saw my father walking in as well and he sat down next to Alec.

"I did something horrible today." I said. I could see the concern on my father's faces. I looked down, utterly full of shame.

"I-I found out about Chris and his girlfriend. I wanted to make him feel better... I just wanted to tell him that I was here for him..." I said softly and I looked up to look at my fathers.

"He didn't take it well and the others were surprised and disappointed that I mentioned it... I never knew he would react like that..." I said softly and I felt the need of crying all over again.

The only friends I had, I drove them away... I always drive people away... Maybe this was my curse... being all alone.

"Hey... Hey..." I heard Alec's voice say softly as he reached his hand out and rested it on my hand. He looked at me with his soft eyes.

"You didn't intentionally hurt him. He will understand." Alec said and I nodded. My father looked at me and was just smiling with tears in his eyes. His eyes were glossy as if he literally put some lipgloss on his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly. My throat was sore. My father smiled.

"You just remind me a lot of your mother." He said and it was a shock to me to hear him mention my mother. We never really spoke about her and it was because they were afraid that I would be upset.

I know that I would be but sometimes I just felt the need of talking about her. No one really knew her better than my father did...

"I did?" I asked. You could hear from my voice that I was surprised. I have never believed that I could be just like my mother. She was loyal, kind and most of all protective over the ones she loved which was me...

"She was like this as well. She couldn't bare the thought of hurting someone. It would literally drive her insane." My father said and I laughed softly. It did sound like her.

"Ella, I think you should try speaking to Chris again. I am sure he will understand." My father said and I nodded.

"I will..." I said softly. I knew that Chris would probably not be happy to see me again but like my father said, it would probably drive me insane if I did not make this right with him.

"Come on." Alec said and I looked at him in confusion.

"Now?" I asked confused and both of them nodded.

"He is definitely awake." Alec said and I sighed.

"I will tell you guys tomorrow what happened. I am tired so I will go to sleep after." I said as I was getting up from my bed. Both of the smiled and nodded.

I walked out of my room, towards Chris's room. It wasn't too far from mine and I was truly afraid to speak to him. I know that he was upset and when he was upset, he could be reckless. He wouldn't think and he could probably say something he didn't mean.