Chapter 4

[HEYA!! I am honestly so startled by the amount of people who started reading my fanfiction! Thank you so much for showing so much love! All of you have been asking me if Ella and Alec are romantically involved and the answer is NO! Alec will be a father figure to Ella. Jace, Clary, Izzy etc... are much older in here! Make sure to vote and comment! By the 20 votes there will be a new chapter! And make sure to follow me I am close to the 300 followers❤️]

_

I woke up and felt the dry tears on my cheeks. I sighed and sat up. That's when all the memories came back to me in a flash. I was not at home anymore. The familiar curtains were not here. My mother was not here. I couldn't smell the food she used to cook early in the morning. Instead of that, I was somewhere else where I did not feel at home. Alec was very welcoming and so were the others. My brain would almost shut down thinking why my father was so complicated or rather an asshole.

I looked around but there was no sign of Alec. I knew I fell asleep while crying. He must have left when I fell asleep. I saw clothes on the drawer and a little note. I groaned annoyed and stood up - and walked towards the drawer to pick up the note.

'Here is your clothes. Be ready and meet me at the main office by 11:30 AM - Alec.' I read out loud and groaned again annoyed. How was I suppose to know where the main office was? I was here like for a few hours... Did he even think about that? I sat down and thought again about the men who were after my mother and me.

I still had no idea why there were after me. Why did they took my mother and when can I see her again... How was I going to see my mother? The anxiety I felt of the thought of losing her made me sick. I was in a world which I never was aware of. There are new things which I don't even know how to cope with. How was I going to find her? Every hope that I had was slowly fading away.

I walked to the bathroom and made myself ready. The clothes were not something what I would usually wear. They were a bit revealing and looked really bad ass. I let my blonde hair fall down after I put the leather jacket on. I indeed looked like a bad ass warrior. I walked out of my room and walked right away into someone. I saw a blade falling down. The same one my mother was fighting with. Did he took my mother? I quickly took the seraph blade and held it against the unknown person's neck.

"Where is my mother?!" I shouted in anger whilst looking at the boy. He had blue eyes and dark blonde hair. I could see that he was surprised by me. He pushed me away and held my hand - and then quickly took the blade from me. He pulled me towards him and I could feel my back touching his chest. He held the blade against my neck.

"You really need training." He said while laughing. I kicked him and he let go off me. I turned myself around and punched him in his face. He took my mother and then was laughing in my face, thinking that I would be some weak girl. No, I was not.

"Ella!" I heard Alec shout. He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him which made me leave the obnoxious boy. I pulled myself loose from his grip and looked at him in anger.

"He took my mother! What are you doing?!" I screamed angry and Alec frowned in confusion. He shook his head as he tightened his grip on me.

"That is Samuel Flatvale. He is a Shadowhunter." Alec said and I shook my head.

"I don't care what he is, Alec! He took my mother. He has her blade!" I shouted in anger and pointed at the blade Samuel was holding. I saw Samuel smiling a bit which made me angrier. What the hell was so funny about this?

"You won't be laughing when I kick your fucking face!" I screamed angry and ran towards him but Alec held me again - and pulled me back. God damn you Alec. I tried pulling myself out of his grip but all my efforts were in vain.

"That blade is a seraph blade. Every Shadowhunter has one." Alec said and when the realization kicked in I ashamed looked down. This was so shameful. I attacked a obnoxious innocent guy. He must have thought that I was losing my mind. I looked at Samuel. His blonde hair was a over his forehead. I saw now the tattoos on his arms and neck. They were full.

"I-I am..." I stammered and Samuel shook his head. He came a bit closer and held my hand. I did not even notice that I was shaking until he pulled my hand up. He held it with both of his hands and I relaxed myself. I felt Alec letting me go and I sighed.

"No apologies. I guess you are Ella Bane." Samuel said. How did he knew my name? I awkwardly and uncomfortable nodded my head. I think everyone knew me... I was the girl who showed up out of the blue. Samuel and I kept on staring at each other without saying anything. I would find it awkward but something in me made me want to stare at him forever.

"Ella, we need to run some tests." Alec said and I quickly looked away from Samuel. A bit to quickly because I could hear him chuckle. I sighed and closed my eyes - and right after I opened them I looked at Samuel once again.

"I will see you soon." He said and I gave him a small smile. "I am really sorry... For everything." I said and he smiled. "All forgiven." He said.

I walked away with Alec. He looked at me and gave me a look. I frowned. "What?" I asked. Alec sighed. "I know I am not your father but Ella Samuel's his reputation proceeds him. I don't want him to hurt you." He said and I shook my head.

"I am not here to find a guy, Alec. I am here to find my mother. I need her back. I don't know where she is or whether she is alive and it is killing me." I said honest and Alec nodded. He held my hand.

"I promise you, I will find your mother with or without your father's help but you got to help me with something." Alec said and I looked at him. What does he want from me? I don't have anything. I have nothing. "What is your mother's name?" Alec asked.

"Her name is Angela Bane." I said and something froze in Alec his eyes. "My mother never married someone... I think she used my father's last name to cover us up... I never knew we were hiding from someone." I said quickly after I saw Alec his painful expression on his face but it did not change. He looked in shock which started to worry me.

"Angela, Magnus's best friend." Alec mumbled and I looked at him in confusion. My parents were best friends. Than why the hell did they start to... Where did I came from? This was absurd. I don't understand this.

"What?" I asked but Alec shook his head. He tried to walk away but I grabbed his arm before he could leave. "Alec, tell me?" I asked and I hoped he would but he shook his head.

"It will be too painful for you to hear. I can't." He said and started walking away. Startled I stood there. I had no idea what he was talking about and the feeling inside me was killing me. What kind of a family drama had I?