Chapter 16

Hello everybody!! Hope your December is going great, without too much madness cramming your days.

The picture above is what I've found online regarding H's L.A. home. It kind of seems fitting for this chapter. And of course we all know what H looks like, but it's always so nice to see photos of him.

I also want to tell you how much in awe I am of the amazing @Choose_love_H_S and her beautifully written stories.  Go check out her work, it's worth it!

Enough talking, please read ahead. Hope you enjoy it.!!

Sixteen

The following day Harry's good mood had returned and he was back to his same take-charge, bossy self. His resting period was over, and he was desperate to get his hands on a guitar as soon as possible. He was pushing himself really hard; to make up for the time he felt he had lost. He had booked an impossibly long practice session with his band.

I was exempted from attending the band session, and our morning work meeting had been postponed until dinner time. "I mean, you can come and watch us practice if you want Bliss. I just think it'll be boring. Besides, I do feel a little self-conscious when people watch and I'm not at my best, it's the perfectionist on me." Harry explained, "I've set up dinner tonight with Ben Winston and his wife, to go over show stuff. We leave at 6 p.m."

I agreed to stay behind because it felt right to give Harry some privacy. He needed time with his band to sort any unresolved kinks before the tour began. Let's face I'd be absolutely useless in the studio session they had scheduled, and I was really looking forward to a proper lie-in, something I hadn't done in ages.

In fact, I had been up early every morning since my work with Harry began. And today turned out to be no exception. The much-awaited late morning sleep hadn't materialized and I found myself with my eyes wide open at 7:30 am, craving a work out session. Seems like I'm broken, Harry has ruined me with his healthy habits. I could hear my inner lazy girl telling me off "You've put us to shame. Now, be sensible and go back to sleep till at least till 10:00 am, noon would be better but I'm granting you a weaning period from all this exercise tomfoolery. And please feed us some lovely fried eggs with white bread for breakfast. Not a fruit plate."

"Go back to sleep," I said to my inner lazy girl, putting on the required leggings and top and going down to the running machine because this house also had a built-in gym.

Harry was notoriously absent. I figured he had foregone his usual morning workout for a little sleep since he had such a busy day planned. I was wrong. No sooner had I turned the running machine off than I heard the piano being played, undoubtedly by Harry since there was no else in the house. I made my way to the music room, and found him sitting before the piano in just his swimming trunks, with a towel casually draped around his neck playing a beautiful instrumental version of "Sign of The Times." I felt like I had died and gone to heaven.

I couldn't stop myself from clapping when he was done, it was all so beautiful. (I mean the music was beautiful, not almost naked Harry. Get your minds out of the gutter. Of course, Harry is beautiful, but he is also very talented.) Clearly, he hadn't expected to have an audience and turned around startled. When he saw it was me, he smiled shyly.

"I'm sorry if the noise disturbed you," he said.

"Oh, Harry! That was amazing! You've said you play a bit of piano before, but you were just being modest, you play extremely well."

"It wasn't really great." he carried on being bashful.

"I'm telling you it was great. You needn't worry about your instrument playing skills, at all."