Chapter 38

Those beautiful, beautiful photos of Harry wearing yellow shorts and a unicorn tee on Malibu today inspired me to go on with this story.

Wishing you all a wonderful week.

Also today's Victoria Day for all the wonderful people in Canada.

*************************************************************************

Thirty-Eight

I received a few more texts from Harry around 2 A.M.

From Harry Going to sleep now, love. I'm gonna pretend that it is me in the photos next to you and not James.

From Harry You took the small bedroom in the suite!!! I want you to have the big bedroom! But I'm not moving your things, don't want you to be angrier at me for touching your things. Just wanted to let you know I would have slept gladly in the small bedroom.

From Harry I have a little cold. I might be a bit woozy from the meds. Sorry for writing so much.

From Harry Going to bed now. Sorry if I'm writing too much. Miss you baby. Sorry again.

I left those texts unanswered, also. I mean, how was I supposed to respond to that? Was I expected to answer along the lines of "I miss you too, baby" and forget the previous events? My heart wasn't strong enough. He did sound cute over those text messages, even though he sounded a bit sick.

There was also the fact that I couldn't help but to think that he was right. I should have taken the bigger bedroom. After all, I was the wronged party here and he was the cheating scoundrel.

I sat staring at my phone, pondering on what to do now. I could no longer run from Harry, I'd have to face him later today. That was unavoidable, I was his tour blog writer and he had a show tonight.

I can't deny how happy it made me that Harry hadn't been able to book a different room for me and we were forced to share a suite. Because, although he'd broken my heart, it still felt good to know he was sleeping in the bedroom across the hall, as he had been ever since I agreed to work for him. Maybe it was because I'd grown used to having him close, and familiarity tends to feel comforting. Maybe it was because I was beginning to listen to the voice of Hope within me whispering "Give him a chance to explain."

Alongside Hope, Caution had slowly and unexpectedly crept up on my train of thought, advising me to listen to the former. "Harry is still your boss," Caution said, "You have to find a way to ride out the three months left in your contract. Then you can go home for Christmas and decline the renewal option for the next leg of the tour. You've got to secure a good referral when you start looking for a new job, come January. If you quit just one month in it'll look bad"

I was in the midst of telling both, Hope and Caution, to shut up when I caught Sid staring at me worriedly. "You all right there, girl?" he asked.

"I'm fine, thank you" I replied, "Just feeling a little tired, that's all"

"You don't look too well," he instantly answered "maybe you can get some rest on one of the bunk beds"

Damn! Even Sid had noticed I was not doing well at the moment. This made me decide in favour of a little lie in, which was a better option than sitting there under Sid's curious scrutiny.

The bus arrived at Las Vegas in the early morning. At six o'clock on the dot, to be exact, as I found out when Sid woke me up. "We're here," he told me "time to change this smelly vehicle for a comfy hotel bed." The bus bunk bed wasn't comfortable at all, but I had fallen asleep anyway. Now I was just groggy, cramped and stiff all over.