Chapter 28

Okay, all of you lovely people! Kinda of made it with this update. It's 00:21 a.m. here so's technically Wednesday. But I still think it counts as a Tuesday update.

Twenty-eight

Kissing Harry was absolutely addictive. And what is more, Harry really seemed to like kissing me as well.

"Bliss, I can't seem to get enough of your kisses," Harry said, stroking my cheek.

"Thirty minutes till hair and makeup, Harry" Lou Teasdale's voice said through the closed door. "I'm starting with the band now. And then it's your turn."

Hearing Lou's call, Harry pulled away from me quickly. His face going pale.

"It's Mum here?" Harry asked Lou.

"Not yet sweetie. I'll send her along as soon as she arrives."

"Thanks" Harry mumbled.

Something had definitely changed in Harry's demeanor, he rubbed his hands together and then he ran them through his hair, obviously agitated.

I wondered for a minute if it had something to do with me. Obviously, he was no longer interested in kissing me. Had I done something wrong?

Was it because of Lou being here? Or because he was expecting his Mum?

Were we supposed to be a secret? Was he having second thoughts about us?

Harry began pacing nervously inside the dressing room.

I analyzed what to do next.

Should I leave quietly and give him some space? This plan appealed to me, as it didn't require any confrontation. Whenever my flee or flight reflex was called for, flee was always the safest option.

But this was Harry and he looked extremely distressed, my heart went out to him. I decided to take a risk and ask him.

"Harry, what's wrong?"

He stopped pacing and looked at me. His beautiful green eyes were beginning to redden as if he was about to cry.

"Oh, Bliss," he said, "can we?....I mean... can I?" his usually articulate self was having difficulty forming a single sentence.

"What is it, Harry?" I asked softly.

"Can I lay on the sofa, with my head on your lap for a bit?" He said.

"Of course," I answered, taking his hand and walking towards the sofa.

Once Harry had positioned his lovely head on my lap, I began to worry about what to do with my hands. Crossing my arms over Harry's head was awkward. I could place one hand on the sofa arm, but what about the other one? It surely wasn't appropriate to stick it in his chest?

"Can you please rub my hair for a bit?" Harry asked.

"I can, yes," I answered. This surely took care of the "what to do with my hands problem."

Running my hands through Harry's hair appeared to calm him. He closed his eyes and began breathing normally.

"I'm sorry if I scared you, Bliss" Harry apologized.

"It's all right," I said.

"No, it isn't," he replied. "I should have warned you. Especially with Mum running late."

"Warned me? About what?"

"Well...This is embarrassing."

"Fine, don't tell me then," I said, taking my hands off his hair immediately. I was being childish, I know. But it hurt that he wouldn't trust me.