The cooking class

Cooking classmates! Harrison Osterfield x Reader

Summary: You meet Harrison in a cooking class, and things get a little far from just chopping onions.

"Learn some cooking, I won't cook for you all your life!" Your mom yelled at you with a worried expression

"Learn some cooking, I won't cook for you all your life!" Your mom yelled at you with a worried expression. She's actually right, you are already 22 and have to move out of the house and start your own life. You had to travel a lot as you were a costume designer, and she always caught you eating unhealthy junk making her worried. You were so busy establishing your career that never cared that you didn't even know basic cooking skills.

"Maybe maybe, I could get myself a cook?" You replied thinking it was a good idea.

"No cook is going to travel with you... You should join a cooking class," Your mom finally suggested and didn't want you to debate, it was your break & you could get a 2-month cooking course...

After 2 days, you finally attended the first class. You couldn't even name all the spices or vegetables kept on your table. You looked around to see people cooking with perfection, making yourself embarrassed. Your teacher told you to prepare an omelette, and guided the recipe, but, you were too embarrassed to confess that you didn't know how to break an egg.

You were trying to strike an egg on the bowl when a voice interrupted your motions.

"It's done like this..."

Your gaze shifted to the adjacent table.

A man with dirty blond hairs & icy blue eyes was standing there wearing a cooking apron guiding the way to break the egg. But you couldn't see him teaching you how to break the egg, as you couldn't stop, but stare at his face. The way he was speaking, the way his eyes shined, it made you get lost in him... He was absolutely gorgeous and at the same time, his willingness to help a stranger, the way he spoke so sweetly all drove you crazy. Busy in your career you didn't even realise that you were still single & this boy was the reason you got worried about being single.

"So, it's that simple," He finished getting you back to earth.

"Huh? What?" That's all you could produce.

"That's how you break the egg" He replied, innocently.

"C-can you teach me that again?" You said hiding the little redness forming in your cheeks. And, to your surprise he actually made you learn again, just this time you really concentrated on that...

Days went by and seeing him regularly next to you drove you crazy. You never witnessed this feeling ever before.  He looked familiar too and after a week you finally managed to ask his name.

"I am Harrison... Harrison Osterfield, you can call me Haz, can I know your name too?" He asked smiling.

"Y/n Y/ln..is there any chance we have met earlier, cause I don't know if it sounded weird, but you look familiar!" you confessed.

"To be honest, I too feel the same," He said. "So, well where do you work?"

"Well, I am a costume designer actually I am an assistant costume designer, credited for designing some costumes in Spider-Man homecoming and the upcoming far from home," You told him.

"Omg! Do you know I am Tom's personal assistant!!" He said excitedly.

And then you both ended up talking to your heart.

Every day whenever you both attended the class, you were together.

You both didn't even realise when you got so close. But, there was just one problem with your friendship, that it was just limited to the cooking class and somewhat occasional text messages. And you were already falling for Harrison.

And finally, your worst nightmare came, it was your and Harrison's last day at the cooking school. You couldn't even think of not seeing his face, or talk to him for even a day. The batch members were bid farewell by the teacher. And, it was finally the time to leave this place and Harrison too. Also, you both didn't even share a single word on your last day, and it had already made you worried.

As you both walked out of the class, walking to the opposite directions, Harrison all of a sudden yelled your name, making you stop and turn back, he came running towards you.

"Yeah," You said looking at the blonde as he came near you.

"I-I just....maybe.. if you wanted to be with me? I mean like we could be... you know.. " He stuttered out.

"I don't understand," Your brow creased.

"I mean if you wanted to go for a date with me? I-I really like you," He said, rubbing the back of his neck while his gaze was fixed on his shoes.

You forgot to respond, all thanks to your nerves.

"I am sorry," He said seeing you not responding to his question, he turned back and started walking when you finally gathered the courage to speak up. You grabbed his wrist making him stop & turn towards you.

"I like you too Harrison," You breathed out.

"C-can I..." He sucked in a breath, "Take you on a date?"

All you could do was simply nod.

Why wouldn't you?

***

Add this book to your library/reading list or follow me fanficparker or do both to ensure you don't miss any part...