🌟☆ Help Me Sleep ☆🌟

Summary: You help Harrison fall asleep amidst his recurring nightmares.
Word count: 820 words

Harrison blinked at the ceiling, sweat dotting his forehead

Harrison blinked at the ceiling, sweat dotting his forehead. He threw the blankets away, letting the cool air relax his sweltering body. Much to his dismay, it didn't help much. Trying to sleep was hard, almost impossible whenever he woke up in the middle of the night like this. The nightmares weren't subsiding; they were just becoming more and more frequent.

Turning on his side, Harrison allowed his eyes to fall upon the pastel blue wall of his room. Your room was on the other side of that wall, and like hundreds of other nights, his mind battled over the same old question — if he should wake you up?

No.

But you woke him once a few days ago upon not feeling well and then one more day when the heater in your room broke and he being an idiot fixed it, missing the enormous opportunity to have you closer to him...

Harrison sighed loudly, not at the missed opportunity but the fact that how easy it was for you to ask for help. Why couldn't he do the same?

You won't mind, right?

He groaned this time. Anyway, you had work early in the morning. He had too. A part of his brain was forcing him to think about sleeping in order to get up early, which was making everything worse. Losing the battle to sleep, he finally decided to take a walk outside in the cool air. He walked out of his room, shoving a hoodie over his body.

Before his hands could even touch the handle of the main door, your voice made him flinch.

"Where are you going?"

He turned on his feet, palm pressed over his heart, trying to normalise his heart-rate from the unexpected interaction. You were standing in the kitchen with a butter knife and a bottle of strawberry jam in your hands. He swallowed slowly, walking into the kitchen as you applied jam over some toast.

You quirked an eyebrow, biting into the food, reminding him about the unanswered question.

"O-oh... I was just," He stood against the fridge, "going for a walk."

"At 3 am?!" You exclaimed.

"And what about you?" He shrugged at your surprised reaction.

"Late night cravings," You giggled taking another bite and handing him a piece of toast.

Your laughter died down awkwardly when he didn't laugh along with you.

"There is something going on, isn't it?"

"Huh?"

"Come on, you don't look fine. Is this about Ashley?"

"You think I am going to meet her at 3 am?!"

"Well, not exactly. You are way under-dressed for the proposal. Now tell me what's going on?" You folded your arms across your chest, standing in front of him.

"Nothing's going on and Ashley already has a boyfriend." He averted his gaze to the other side, finishing up the toast.

"... I am sorry."

"Shush it. I am not bothered." He rolled his eyes.

"Then...?" You tossed on your feet, leaning near him.

"I told you before that I have nothing for her. Stop bugging me!" He spoke louder than required for a two-way conversation, instantly regretting it. The sleep-deprivation was also making him irritated.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to yell..." His voice softened as he looked at you, eyes pleading.

"It's okay. Anyway, I wasn't asking about her. Ashley was just my way of teasing you. But I meant what's going on as in you don't look... umm... healthy?" You moved closer to him, taking his hands in your smaller ones, looking directly into his eyes.

Your eyes were his biggest weakness, and he again tried to avert his gaze away, but you had your hand over his cheek, not letting it move away.

"Go on..."

He exhaled, losing another battle.

"Just couldn't sleep. Stupid dreams and all..." He trailed off, feeling his face heat up in embarrassment.

"Aww Haz..." You cupped his face in your hands, chest pressed against his, "You could tell me. I am your friend, right?"

"You're more than that," He whispered, clenching his eyes shut, regretting the words as soon as they left his mouth. But all he felt was a small peck over his lips.

He fluttered open his eyes, seeing you grinning.

"Live a little, Hazza." You chuckled, leaning in again, planting another kiss over his lips.

He couldn't even react to the gesture before you were dragging him gently towards your room, but failed to move his stiff feet.

"I am not asking you to have sex with me duh!" You rolled your eyes, "Come on! Let me see how those nightmares bother you anymore."

He obliged, following you into the room. He doesn't remember when exactly he fell asleep but he surely remembered how your fingers threaded across his soft curls, how you traced unintelligible patterns over his skin, how nicely your fingers slotted with his, how warm you felt cuddled up with him and that little kiss you planted over his forehead...

***