🌟☆You're the reason I come home☆🌟

Boyfriend!Harrison Osterfield x Reader

Summary: After one and a half years of dating you, Harrison feels something is different and he needs to correct it...

Harrison turned on the bed to your side, not expecting his blue eyes to meet your e/c eyes, but they did meet. You weren't asleep just like him. You gave him a light smile, not breaking the soft eye-contact. Your smile was always beautiful to him. The room had some morning light in, giving each other a clear view, but no one was in a mood to get up - just one of those lazy winter days.

"You didn't sleep?" His voice was hoarse, sleepy as he stared at you.

"Hmm... Just thinking... How will I live when you'll be away?" Your smile converted to a tight-lipped one. He said nothing, just took your hand that was placed near your head in his and intervened his fingers with yours. Your cold hands didn't bother him and for some reason, they seemed softer than yesterday. That was a weird thing he felt every day since a couple of months. With each passing day it seemed that the colour of your eyes was going deeper, they seemed to shine brighter, your smile got curvier... For him, you were becoming more beautiful with each passing day. And whenever he told you that, you always pointed at the spots on your face or the the cellulite on your tummy, but his opinion on you never changed.

"You are the reason I come home Y/n," he softly whispered planting kisses all over your knuckles. A big smile tugged on your face again as you shifted a bit higher and pecked the tip of his nose and hid your head in his chest, nuzzling your nose in his exposed skin. He felt his eyes getting heavier as his ears hit the noise of your soft snores. Your almost silent snores were more audible to him than the hustle-bustle coming from the neighbourhood. He left your hand and wrapped his arms around your waist pulling your closer like you were his. But he knew you weren't his, at least still...

***

How can I make you mine?

He sucked in his breath, glancing at the name-plate of the flat you both shared for almost a year and a half now. It simply said, 'Osterfield' and it somehow started to bother him since a couple of months. Maybe he had realised you were a 'Y/L/N' after all...

For just a month he was away from you and he was so nervous standing at his own door. He was dying to see you, but still couldn't make himself press the door-bell. He did have left earlier and for longer durations, but never felt this way ever before. He closed his eyes, removing his hand from playing with his jacket's zipper, bringing the little flower bouquet to his face, sucking in the fragrance, instantly drifting to the same old memories.

That summer day... That particular summer day where the sun shone a bit brighter than the other days, or maybe it was just in his head. That day when the wind was a bit strong too, contemplating with the warmth. He was walking around in the countryside in plain t-shirt and jeans taking in the beautiful view. And then his eyes landed upon you. You in that cute sunflower dress, hairs flowing with the wind, struggling to hold your red umbrella to dilute the sun's warmth on your head, only for the wind to drag it. He giggled at the cute scene playing in front of his eyes. And man, you did hear him giggle, turning your attention to him. You folded the umbrella and walked towards him. He stopped laughing and straightened his posture, looking to the side as if he didn't notice you.

"You know it's un-respectful to laugh at someone who's struggling, mister?" You said as he looked over to you, giving a fake expression as if he had no idea what you were talking about. You shook your head, continuing, "Well okay, but better if you rather help than stay here and mock 'gentleman'!"

Your words were dripping with mockery and to his surprise, the blonde found it very intriguing. You rolled your eyes at the lack of response, completely oblivious to his flustered state and started to move away.

"Sorry," you heard him say, making you stop and turn to look at him as he rushed towards you. He ran a hand through his hair that were bouncing in the wind. "You are right, I shouldn't be laughing. I am sorry." He gave a little smile as you held the bottom of your dress from dancing in the wind.

"Okay mister, glad you understood!" You said with the preaching habit you developed working as a teacher for years then.

"Harrison."

"Huh?" You raised your brows.

"Harrison. My name is Harrison," His smile widened, waiting for a response.

"Y/n."

The smell of the flowers in his hand resembled so much to the ones in the countryside where he met you, an unforgettable vacation.

He exhaled deeply, opening his eyes and this time finally pressing the door-bell. He heard your footsteps nearing and finally you were standing right in front of him with the biggest smile you could form, in his grey hoodie and your shorts, hairs a bit messier, and damn you looked beautiful as ever, maybe even more than what you looked on the day you dropped him in the airport. You threw your arms around his neck, telling how much you have missed him, only if he could listen. He was feeling like a nineteen-year-old, lost in the sea. Your eyes were the sea for him. You kissed him lightly on the lips before breaking the hug and taking the flowers from him as you both got inside the flat.

"You look a little lost," You asked, offering a glass of water.

"Hmm..." He took the glass, feeling the cold liquid drench his throat, taking a seat on the couch. He pushed the glass on the front table offering you a seat.

"Are you tired?" You asked, putting a hand on his knee.

He shook his head in a 'no' finally speaking, "I don't know, but it feels like... If we..." He nervously bit his lip as you waited for him to speak further, "Can I make you mine?"

"I'm already yours, Haz," you giggled.

"No, no, not like this. As if we... If we..." He stuttered on his words. Before you could say anything, he shifted on the couch and stood up. He went inside his room and you could hear him shuffling stuff in his cupboard. He showed up in like five minutes.

"Where have you go-" You were stopped at your words seeing him kneeling down, his fingers pinched to hold a beautiful ring.

"Ha-Haz," You felt your eyes getting wet.

"If we become one..." He smiled as a fine drop of tear slid down your right cheek. "So, Y/n Y/ln, will you marry me?" His eyes seemed glossier as you came closer to him, wiping your own tears, nodding your head as words didn't seem to form. The noise of your sniffles was the only noise in the room. You stretched your arm in front of him. He looked at you and then softly held your fingers, sliding the ring into it and then kissed all your fingers. He got up to face you, loosening his body to welcome you in his embrace. You almost jumped into his arms, crying on his shoulder.

"I never thought you will propose me after coming back." You said softly as the tears stopped.

He broke the hug, looking into your eyes that once again seemed more beautiful to him. He leaned his head, softly attaching his lips with yours in chaste and sweet kiss, full of love. Pulling away he rested his forehead on yours, both of your eyes still closed enjoying the feeling of the moment, when he whispered, "It's because I realised, you are the reason I come home..."

* * *
( Leave a like/comment if you liked the one-shot )

Written by: fanficparker
Requested: By anonymous: HAZZA FLUFF BASED ON THE RON POPE SONG "YOU'RE THE REASON I COME HOME"

Add this book to your library/reading list or follow me or do both to ensure you don't miss any part...