🌟☆Birthday Surprise ☆🌟

Word count: 380 words

Silence on both sides of the phone, except the mild breathing sound from the other side

Another five minutes passed, making you roll your eyes. You finally spoke up, breaking the silence: "It's---" But were instantly silenced again by a shushing noise.

"Ssh. Just three minutes to go..." Harrison said, returning back to not speaking. You could visualise him glancing at the clock every two seconds. The thought made you bite your lower lip as you rolled over your stomach, lying comfortably on the bed, the phone tucked between your ear and shoulder as you waited.

"Ten... Nine..."

"Harrison it's not New Year---"

"Ssh... Six... Five..."

You let him carry on with the countdown with an ear to ear smile pasted on your face.

"Two... One..." And then silence. The words you were waiting for, didn't hit your ears. Panic was the instant response.

"Harrison? Harrison? Are you still there?"

No answer.

You jumped up to sit on the bed, feeling bad about him missing the moment. He literally called you half an hour earlier than when the clock struck midnight and now...

You hung up the call and were about to call him again but there was a knock at your front door.

No way...

You ran towards the front door, pulling the door open without even a second thought. There stood Haz wearing a black hoodie, holding a wrapped big box in his hands, hairs nicely styled...

"At least check for the person before opening the door at midnight!" He groaned, tilting his head back. But when you tried to reply, mouth barely open, his lips were already pressed against yours.

For the tenth time in the past hour, Harrison Osterfield had not let you speak.

He smiled in the kiss before parting, "Happy Birthday, darling."

You rolled your eyes again.

"Will you let me reply this time?"

"If you are mistaken madam, I must remind you how you just spoke one complete sentence," He quirked a brow.

And you hit his chest playfully.

Those fake wails of pain.

"What's in the box, by the way?" You enquired, knowing well that it must be the cake.

"Oh my god! At least ask me to get inside first!!"

That's why they say, never date your best-friend.