Chapter 17

Tris arrives at my apartment before Zeke, she seems nervous, so am I. I awkwardly greet her, fighting back my urge to kiss and touch her, not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable. "Do you want some water, or something else to drink?" I ask her as she slips her shoes off.

She just shakes her head no and walks further into my apartment. I watch from a distance as she scans the walls, taking in every detail. I see a slight smile form on her face, I imagine she realizes the simplicity comes from my Abnegation roots.

Her eyes then settle on me, I suddenly wish I had a couch in here, the only seat I have to offer her is my bed and I'm sure as hell not going to do that right now. "I um, I'd offer you a seat but, well I don't invite many people here so I never invested in any." I tell her shyly.

"That's okay." She says walking towards my bed and sitting on it on her own. She looks at the empty spot next to her and then back up to me, her eyes challenging me. I walk over to her, settling on the bed next to her, leaving space between us. The distance leaves a cold feeling through my body that desperately needs to be warmed by her.

I keep my eyes towards the floor, unsure what to say, and wanting Tris to take the lead. I feel her small hand running downs my arm until she intertwines our fingers. I let out a content sigh at the mere feel of her skin. I look up and meet her eyes that are set on my lips. She gives me a shy smile before leaning up and pressing her lips against mine.

Her lips are soft and gentle and move in perfect sync with mine. I bring my free hand up to run it through her hair before resting it on her jaw. Too soon I break the kiss. "I've wanted to do that all day." Still rubbing my thumb over her cheek.

"Then don't stop." Her voice husky before capturing my lips again. She quickly intensifies the kiss by brushing her tongue against my bottom lip to meet mine. I groan into her mouth as my hands find their way to her hips, giving them a squeeze. I feel an urgent longing followed by a slight hardening in my groin. What has gotten into me?

I break the kiss abruptly. "Zeke is going to be here any minute." I murmur against her lips. She smiles in an understanding way, not before pressing her lips to my neck, sucking the sensitive skin. My breath sucks in, as the slight hardening has become a full on erection.

She continues working her lips across my neck, my breaths coming in pants now. She starts to guide her leg over top of me to straddle me, my trans is broken. I quickly stop her, not because I don't want to continue, but I don't want her to feel what she is doing to me, which would be very apparent if she gets any closer.

"I um- I think we should talk first, before continuing this." Before Tris can reply Zeke knocks on the door. I stand up to answer, forgetting the embarrassing predicament rising from my pants. I am quickly reminded when I see Tris' eyes go wide in astonishment before turning her head away in embarrassment.

Heat rushes to my face, as I blush in embarrassment. Great, now she is going to think I'm some sex crazed asshole. "About time." Zeke says as I let him into my apartment. We make our way the the kitchen, Tris hops up on the counter to use as a seat and Zeke leans against the fridge.

I can't bring myself to even look in Tris' direction. "To get you both on the same page, the night of Al's death." I pause for a second, not meaning to open a sore subject. "Eric was caught by Zeke here on camera at the loading dock with Erudite members, loading boxes of equipment into a storage room here in Dauntless." I glance up at Tris to make sure she is following before quickly dropping my eyes.

"Zeke was able to recover this." I say handing her the serum. I watch as she studies the serum, holding it up to the light and shaking it. "The next morning, I went to see Max." I look at Zeke so he knows this is new information.