Chapter 8: Saved

*Y/n POV*

I slowly opened my eyes, seeing nothing but snow around me. I could feel my arms and legs, and I knew that they had refrozen.

I felt as if my body was still freezing, and even though I was still healing, I began to shift. I moved my arms and managed to stick my hand out of the snow, as I heard something shuffling outside.

"Ruff?"

'Frosty!'

I tried to speak, but found I could not, as something was crushing my chest. I then heard snow moving from on top of me, and more voices.

"What's Frosty doing?" Rias.

"I think he's digging Y/n out?" Akeno.

"Oh my," Asia, "Y/n must be awake!"

Snow began to quickly moved from on top of me, as weight got removed from my body. My lungs freed up, and I took a massive breath, though it was unneeded.

"Ruff!"

Something leapt onto my exposed chest, ad began licking away at my face. I immediately recognized the small tongue, soft fur, and quickly wagging tail.

"Frosty," I exclaimed, "I'm okay!"

I sat up and took Frosty in my arms, as he continued to squirm and lick at my face, as I hugged him close.

"I'm glad you're okay," Rias said, "We thought we lost you in there."

"Well thank whoever brought we to life you found me," I said, "You have my infinite gratitude."

"Don't mention it," Akeno said, offering me a hand, "But I think you owe her an apology."

I took her hand and she helped me up, as I looked towards Asia. She was sitting a few feet away, her head buried into her arms. I could hear small sobs coming from her small figure.

It destroyed my snowy soul to see her like that. The girl whose smile made me melt, literally, the girl whose mere presence made me feel as though nothing is wrong in the world, the girl who made everything right, the girl who made... me.

Was sitting before me, her knees to her chest and sobbing.

I slowly walked over, and kneeled before her, holding my hand out.

"Asia," I said softly, "Please, look at me."

She ignored me, and continued to cry into her arms. My face fell to the ground, as I begged.

"Please Asia," I pleaded, "I'm so so sorry, please, just look at me."

She continued to cry, and I looked down into the snow. I felt tears begin to slowly fall down my own face.

Suddenly, something tackled me into the snow, making me fall backwards. Through my tears, I saw a head of blonde hair, and felt thin arms wrapping around me.

"Don't leave me ever again!" Asia yelled into my chest, "Promise me!"

"I-"

"PROMISE!"

"...I promise."

We held each other tightly, and nothing seemed wrong with the world.

...Until the moments of calm were interrupted by Frosty, who jumped up and grabbed my coat, climbing up, and bringing me down.

"WOAH!"

Was all I could say, as Asia and I fell into the snow.