Chapter 14: Jack Frost

*Y/n POV*

I had regained enough of my strength to walk by myself, and followed behind Samantha as she led me out of the workshop. We walked back out into the snow, where Frosty immediately took his opportunity to jump into a snow pile.

I watched and laughed, as Frosty flipped and jumped through the snow. He seemed to be having a lot of fun, which made it surprising when he let out a yelp and turned back, running and jumping into my arms.

"What's wrong buddy?" I asked, "What's got you so scared?"

We all looked ahead, at where Frosty got scared, and saw a man walking towards us, crunching the snow under his feet.

"Jack!" Samantha yelled, "Was that really necessary!?"

"The dog annoyed me." He said.

Samantha sighed, and turned to me.

"Y/n, this is Jack Frost. Jack, this is Y/n the Snowman."

"Nice to meet you." I said, sticking out my hand.

"So you're the one who Santa brought to life," He said, "Charmed."

We shook hands, and Samantha clapped her hands, "Look at you two, I can feel the friendship from here!"

Jack shot a glare at her, and she gulped, shrinking in place. I turned back to him, and he looked me over.

"So, a living person made from ice?" He said, "I've tried myself, with no avail. What can you do?"

"I can grow to at least 50 feet," I answered, "Can't be killed through crushing or any other means. But I can be melted."

"Melted?" He asked with a raised eye.

"Yeah..." I said, flashing back to the pool and the greenhouse, "It's awful."

"I'm sorry to have asked..."

Samantha cleared her throat, getting our attention back.

"Anyway," She said, "Jack, is his new home ready?"

"Um, yes," Jack said, "Right this way."

Jack turned and lead us down a small road, which was covered in snow. Frosty seemed to warm up, not literally, to Jack, and started to walk ahead of us, next to him. I felt amazing, as the snow landed on my body.

It was so much cooler than Kuoh Town up here, with all the snow and wind. It did make me wonder how these other people could stand to be up here though.

"Hey Samantha," I said, "How do you live up here? I mean, it's freezing right?"

"Definitely freezing," She remarked, "Its largely a combination of industrial heaters and magic. Everyone up here learns basic magic from birth, and helps us stay warm up here, as well as building toys."

"Huh, cool."

Eventually, we passed through a small neighborhood of cabins, many of which had elves and their families inside.

"Look! It's Samantha and the Snowman!"

A elf child called out, and attention was drawn to us in an instant.

"We're pretty famous," Samantha said, "Rumors must of gotten out."

"About what?" I asked.

"A living snowman isn't something you see everyday." She said, as elf children began to run to us.

"Miss Samantha!" They yelled.

"Oh hello children!" She said, kneeling down to them, "How are you!?"

I watched her and the children talk and laugh. They seemed to get along so well. I felt a small smile cross my face, and felt something tug at my pants. I looked down to see a young elf girl, and knelled down.

"Yes?"

She reached behind her back, and pulled out a small blue flower, and handed it to me.

"For me?" She nodded, "Thank you."

She blushed and ran off, nervous apparently. The other group of children left, waving at Samantha.

"They seem to like you." I observed.

"I teach at the school," She said, "I've always been drawn to children, and I love teaching."

"It fits you."

"Thank you." She smiled.

"If you two are done," Jack interrupted, "We're here."