Chapter 16: New Life

*Y/n POV*

It's been a few months since I came to the North Pole, and I've slowly integrated into regular life up here.

Usually I hang out with Santa and Jack, help Samantha at the school, and help at the workshop. I wasn't much help though, I just kept the children occupied.

Frosty had come to enjoy this place a lot. Whenever he comes with me, he loves the attention from the children, playing in the snow, and just doing whatever he wanted. He also seemed to like Jack a lot.

Speaking of Jack, he had become quite a good friend to me. Probably my best. We lived next door to each other, and we usually just sit outside and talk for hours every night, sometimes all the way through till morning.

Santa had come to see me as a kind of son to him,and I enjoyed making him proud of me. He taught me how to make toys and other stuff around the workshop, and sometimes I'll help him during work.

As for Samantha, we had become pretty close. We helped each other during work, and i helped her at the school for young elves. I don't quite know how she feels about me, because every time I'm nearby she turns bright red and begins stuttering.

Currently, I'm sitting at my desk, reading a book. My eyes ended up wandering out of boredom, and they landed on a picture of me and Asia at the mall.

I picked it up and looked at it, feeling tears roll down my cheeks. I missed her so much, I wish I could see her again. If I ever see Issei again, I'll kill him.

I wonder... What did he tell everyone when I died?

[Two days after Y/n's "Death"]

*Issei POV*

I walked back to my house, carrying Y/n's hat and pipe. Ever since I killed Y/n, Asia's been depressed. She rarely comes out of her room, never smiles, and barely speaks.

Rias had sent all of us out to find any trace of Y/n and where he had gone. Of course, i knew the truth, but I'd never tell.

I walked up to the door, hiding the hat and pipe behind my back. I opened the door and walked inside, seeing everyone sitting in the living room.

"Issei," Rias said, "Have you found anything?"

"Yeah," I said, faking a sad tone, "But it's not good."

I pulled out the items, and put them on the table. Everybody gasped, and I heard Asia's voice from the stairs.

"What's going on?"

We all turned to her, and she saw what was on the table.

"Y-Y/n's hat..."

She ran over and grabbed it, hugging it against her.

"Nonono," She cried, "He couldn't have... m-m-m-"

She couldn't finish, as she burst into tears. She fell to her knees, crying into the hat. I hugged her from behind, and whispered into her ear.

"Don't worry Asia, we're here for you," I said, "I'm here for you."