Chapter 17: Unwelcome Surprise

*Y/n POV*

It's almost Christmas, and you can tell by how the elves are acting. Running around, working quickly, and constantly worrying about everything. It was really interesting to look at.

As for me, I wasn't doing anything special. I was just trying to stay out of everyone's way. Usually Jack and I hang out around town or at the workshop.

I'm currently sitting in my house and reading a book, as Frosty laid down near me. I gently scratched his belly in between page turning.

There was a knock at the door, and Frosty leapt up off the couch. He ran towards the door, and I follwed behind and opened it.

"Oh hey Jessica," I said, looking down at the young elf, "What's going on?"

Jessica was a short elf with black hair, the same on who gave me the flower on my first day here. She's still in school , but all of the children help around Christmas.

"Hello Y/n," She greeted, "Santa wanted to see you."

"Alright, let's go see what the big guy wants."

Frosty followed me, as I walked to the street, waving at Jessica as she left. I turned towards the workshop, and began walking to Santa's office.

[Timeskip]

I walked into Santa's office, and was met with Santa and Jack waiting for me.

"Hey guys," I greeted, "what's up?"

"Hey Y/n," Santa said, "I have good news."

"You unclogged the toilet?"

"What? No. Why the...," He said surprised, "Whatever. The actual news, is that we found a way for you to go back to Kuoh Town for a while."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, "Wait, what?"

"Yep," Jack said, putting a hand on my shoulder, "You and I are going to go visit your old friends."

"Thank you both so much!"

"Your welcome Y/n," Santa reached into his desk, "Here."

He tossed me a hat, that was almost identical to his. I put it on, and looked at him.

"What is this?" I asked.

"This hat will let you survive when my magic can't reach you," he answered, "You won't have to worry about melting as long as you have that hat."

"Yes, but it does have some drawbacks," Jack interrupted, "The magic it uses needs to be recharged every couple of days, so we're going to have to come back here."

"Yep, and I will be waiting for you both to return," Santa said, "No matter messing around now, get a move on."

He waved us off, and Jack led me outside.

"So how is this going to work?" I asked.

"Hold onto your hat!" Jack yelled, as the winds began to pick up around us, sending snow flying.

"What the-!"