Chapter 13: Meeting The Big Man

*Y/n POV*

Samantha lead me across a massive snowy field, towards a massive building not far from the house. I felt amazing, as snow fell on my and cold covered my body.

I still leaned on Samantha, as she opened the door and lead me through.

"Welcome to the Workshop." She said, with a sense of grandeur.

"What's so special about- Woah..."

I looked around the massive room, seeing little elves running back and forth, conveyor belts running to and fro, even a small train leading around the room and dropping off supplies. I notice some of the elves looking at me, and then towards Samantha, who smiled back.

"Hello everyone," She greeted, "How are we?"

"Right on schedule," An elf in purple clothing said, "After all, Christmas is in 365 days."

"And my father," Samantha asked, "Is he in?"

"Yes," The elf replied, "He's in his office."

"Thank you."

Samantha lead me towards a door on the other side of the room. It was two large oak doors, and she leaned me against a table so she could push them open. She then came back and lead me into the large hallway. There was a red carpet beneath us, and everything seemed light and cheery.

"My dad is very excited to meet you," Samantha said, "He did bring you to life after all."

"Wait, he's the guy from that night?" I asked, "But who was the other guy?"

"That was Jack Frost," She answered, "Half elf, half human, all cold. He can control snow and ice."

"Sounds like I'd get along with him."

At that point, we arrived at a new set of double doors, and she pushed it open, and we walked inside.

"Dad! We're here!"

"Ho ho ho!"

I turned towards the chimney in the back of the room, as snow began to fly through. The snow went through the room, and a shadow appeared behind a desk. When the snow cleared, a man was sitting at the desk, laughing.

 When the snow cleared, a man was sitting at the desk, laughing

"Welcome, Y/n," He said, "I am Santa."

There was momentary silence, as both Y/n and Frosty looked at the man blankly.

"Isn't Santa supposed to be a fat, old dude?"

His head hit the desk, and Samantha giggled.

"Coca-cola," He growled, "That Marketing Executive is getting so much coal next Christmas."

"Dad," Samantha said through giggles, "Maybe you should get to what you wanted to say?"

"Of course, my dear," Santa said, "First."

He reached into his drawer, and pulled out a similar red drawstring bag. He pulled out some snow and blew some at me, as it stuck to me.

"I have much stronger magic than my daughter," He said, "This will keep you from melting for much longer."

"Does that mean I can go back to Asia?" I asked.

Both avoided my gaze, "Sadly, no."

"Why not?"

"My magic, it works better when we're closer," Santa said, "If you went that far, you'd surely die."

"So... there's no way to go back?" I asked, depressed.

"Not yet, anyway." Samantha said, "Jack and dad are working on something."

"Ah, yes!" Santa said, "We are! I can't believe I forgot about that."

Santa walked around his desk and put a hand on my shoulder. I looked into his eyes, and saw nothing but kindness.

"In a year or so, you'll be able to go back with me," He assured, "But for now, let's get you equated with everyone."