Chapter 19: New Love

*Y/n POV*

I walked back to my house, waving at Jack as I left. The whole world seemed darker, colder, and all around just less friendly.

I had lost Asia, the love of my life, to Issei of all people. I would never get her back. I kept asking myself, what if I was a little faster? What if I tried a little harder? What if...

But I know that no matter how many times I ask, or beat myself up, I'll never get her back. She's moved on, and now I must too.

Before I knew it, I was walking through town. I saw Jessica up ahead, and she saw me as well. She noticed that I was depressed, and came running up.

"Hey Y/n," She greeted, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I said, "I don't wanna talk about it."

"Y/n, you have to tell someone," She said, "So why not me?"

"Jessica, I just wanna be alone. Can I have that?"

"O-okay..." She said, "See you later..."

I walked off, kicking myself after that exchange. I was harsher than I meant to be, and I probably scared her. I'll have to apologize later.

It wasn't long before I reached my house,   and I put my hand on the doorknob to open it. Frosty ran into the door, and knocked it open, revealing that it wasn't closed in the first place. I gently pushed it open, and walked inside cautiously.

"Hello!" I called.

"Y/n!" A familiar voice called, "You're back!"

"Samantha?" I said, as she came downstairs, "What are you doing in my house?"

"I... um... was..."

"There's no good excuse, is there?"

"No."

I sighed, "Whatever, I just wanna be left alone."

"Y/n, is something wrong?" She asked, "You seem angry and upset."

"I'm fine," I growled, "Just leave."

"Y/n, you shouldn't just keep these things inside," She said, "Please, tell me what's going on."

"No."

"Y/n, tell me."

"No, leave."

"Tell me."

"No! Leave me alone!"

"Tell me!"

"ASIA WAS KISSING ISSEI!"

My eyes went wide when I realized what I just said. She gasped and held her hands to her mouth.

"Y/n..."

She grabbed my hands and lead me to the couch. I went along with no resistance, as she sat me down and sat down next to me. She forced me to lay down, and placed my head in her lap.

"I'm so sorry..." She whispered, "Tell me about it."

"A-alright."

[Timeskip]

I finished telling Samantha my whole story, and to be honest, I am feeling a little better. She was gently playing with my hair, and I felt tears streaming down my cheeks.

"I'm so so sorry, Y/n," She said, "You deserve so much more."

"T-thank you, Samantha."

"Y/n," She said seriously, "I can't help you get Asia back, and that's probably for the best."

"Where are you-"

"No, don't talk, let me do this," She took a deep breath, "I can help you get over her."

She slowly moved closer and closer to me.

"S-Samantha..."

Our lips pressed together in a sweet kiss.

*Third Person POV*

In Santa's office, Jack opened the door and walked in, getting the attention of the big man himself.

"Ho ho ho," Santa said, "Jack, how was the trip? Productive, I hope."

"Um, well," Jack said, "Not really."

"What happened?" Santa asked, "Is Y/n hurt?"

"Not physically," Jack said, "But It seemed like he was... emotionally hurt."

"What? How?" Santa said concerned, "What happened to the poor boy?"

"I don't know," Jack returned, "He wouldn't tell me. But I have a feeling it has to do with his girlfriend?"

"What do you mean?"

"It was as if... he caught his girlfriend cheating on him."

Santa got angry quickly, as he came to love Y/n. He stood up from his desk, and walked towards the door.

"Well then, we're going to find out," He said, "From the girl herself."