4

The following day, Mallory walked to the hospital before school to fetch some blood from the blood bank

The following day, Mallory walked to the hospital before school to fetch some blood from the blood bank. As she walked down the hospital hallway, she suddenly stopped when she spotted Jeremy Gilbert. Jeremy soon locked eyes on her also, and frowned, "Mallory?" He called out, a confused look on her face.

Mallory avoided eye contact with Jeremy as she kept her eyes locked on the cooler filled with blood bags in her right hand, "Hi, Jeremy..." Mallory trailed off awkwardly, nervously biting her lips, "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing," Jeremy replied as he walked closer to her, "I came to visit Vicki."

"Well, I was visiting my cousin. She's in the hospital," She lied to him, only to notice Jeremy's eyes were locked on the cooler, "Oh, that's nothing. My cousin's a bit of a drunk and asked me to sneak her in some beer. But I already went to her room so it's empty. Now, I'm off to bring this thing back home."

"Oh, cool," Jeremy awkwardly replied, only to notice how impatient Mallory look, "You seem like you have places to be so I'll get out of your hair. I'm looking to skip so I probably won't see you in class."

Just as Jeremy was about to walk away, Mallory grabbed him by the arm, "Would you like to come with me to the Salvatore house?" She offered with a smile on her face.

___

Mallory and Jeremy entered the Salvatore Boarding House and Jeremy was immediately taken aback at house large and elegant the house was, "Woah," He muttered under his breath, "My house could fit in here, like, twice."

Mallory smiled at his comment, "It's not that impressive. I've lived in better," She replied, only to let out a scoff, "Wow. I just sounded like a total spoiled brat."

Jeremy chuckled, "Yeah, you did," He replied and Mallory playfully rolled her eyes.

"I better go put this upstairs. Wait here," She told him before walking upstairs.

Jeremy remained in shock as he stared up at the ceiling, "And who might you be?" A voice suddenly spoke up, causing Jeremy to jump slightly before he turned his head to see a dark haired male that looked to be in his early twenties.

"Jeremy Gilbert," He introduced himself to the man.

Damon, who happened to be that man, smirked slightly, immediately realizing that Jeremy being there was Mallory's doing, "I'm Damon. Mallory's brother."

Jeremy frowned in confusion, "I don't remember Mallory ever telling she had another brother. She only told me about Stefan." He informed Damon, who seemed amused. "Well, my sister isn't the type to brag. She doesn't like to admit it, but I'm her favorite sibling." Damon replied calmly.

"So do you live here with Mallory, Stefan, and your parents?" Jeremy asked curiously.

"No, our parents passed away a couple years ago. Well, they were Mallory's adoptive parents." He told Jeremy, who seemed shocked by the revelation, "I feel bad for Mal at times. She lost her biological parents in a tragic accident and then found new parents, only to have them die also. Oh, did she never tell you about that?"