36

Mallory was getting ready to go to the Booster Club Barbecue to go check up on Tyler when there was a knock on the door. She walked over to the front door and opened it to find Caroline standing there with two coffees in her hand, "What are you doing here?" She asked Caroline with a frown on her face, "And why do you have coffee?"

"Stefan told me the way to your heart was to offer you either bourbon or scotch," Caroline informed her with a smile on her face, "Since it's morning, I decided to compel bartender the Grill to mix bourbon with coffee. I hope you like black coffee."

"Love it," Mallory replied, referring to the black coffee.

"Great!" Caroline exclaimed excitedly, handing Mallory the coffee mixed with bourbon.

Mallory immediately grabbed the cup from Caroline's hands and took a large sip of it. She savored the taste for a moment before turning to Mallory, nodding her head, "Okay, so what it is that you want?" She asked Caroline, not even trying to sound nice with her question.

"Last night, I realized there is more to you than everyone thinks you are," Caroline told her, "And I want us to be friends."

"I thought you hated me, Caroline," Mallory replied and Caroline gave her a puzzled look.

"I thought it was the other way around," Caroline retorted and Mallory furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, "You even said it."

Mallory sighed out, "I say that about everyone, love. Don't take it personally. The only person I actually hate in Mystic Falls is Elena."

Caroline slowly nodded, not wanting to respond to her comment about Elena, "Hey, do you want a ride to the Barbecue? I've noticed lately that you don't have a car."

"Oh, that's because I don't know how to drive," Mallory informed her and Caroline's eyes widened in shock.

"But you were alive when the car was invented, how do you not know how to drive?" Caroline replied and Mallory shrugged her shoulders.

"I just don't know," Mallory told her, "But it's a yes to you giving me a ride."

Caroline smiled, feeling proud of herself for actually getting Mallory to agree. Just a few moments later, after getting in the car, Caroline began to drive to school.

It was silent between them and Caroline hated it. She couldn't take it anymore and spoke up, "So, what exactly happened between you and Tyler's ancestor?" She asked her and Mallory turned to her, glaring at her, "Sorry, I was just was just curious."

Mallory sighed out, realizing that Caroline was only trying to be nice to her, "He was the first mayor of Mystic Falls' son. His name was George. At the time, I was the adopted daughter of Stefan and Damon's father. George and I met through Damon because the two were friends and we became close. Damon's father and George's father made an arrangement to arrange for us to be married when noticing how close we were. They thought of it as a perfect match. After George served in the Civil War with Damon, he came back. While George was at war, he killed someone, triggering his curse. I knew that, but knew I couldn't tell him that I knew. We became even closer and began to officially court each other. We fell in love and finally, George confessed to me what he was. After doing so, I confessed to him what I was. When the full moon came, I helped him. George and I, we had a connection I hadn't had with someone since I was human. I don't know how to explain it."

Caroline quickly glanced at Mallory before back at the road, "What happened?"

"When trying to help me escape before I was locked away in the tomb, I got caught trying to save my best friend. I was caught and he didn't save me, he placed the muzzle on me and injected me with vervain, betraying me. I was locked in the church and without Katherine, I would've been locked away in the tomb for a century and a half," She explained to Caroline.