33

The following morning, Mallory had woken up to the presence of Rose-Marie, a vampire she hadn't seen in over five centuries before the previous day.

After Elena arrived, the whole group sat in the parlor while Rose stood, explaining what she knew, "Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. That's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus, I know he's real."

"Who is he?" Elena asked curiously.

"One of the originals," Damon informed her, "He's a legend."

"From the first generation of vampires," Stefan added in and Mallory couldn't help but feel a bit impressed at how on point they were on.

"Like Elijah," Elena stated and Rose shook her head.

"No," Rose replied, "Elijah was the Easter Bunny compared to Klaus. He is a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal."

"Klaus is known to be the oldest," Stefan told Elena, causing Mallory to scoff at how wrong they were.

"Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?" Elena asked concerned.

"Yes." Rose answered at the same time that Stefan said, "No."

"What they're saying is, I mean if what she's saying is true--" Damon began to say until Rose cut him off.

"Which it is," Rose interjected.

"And you're not saying it so I don't kill you." Damon continued.

"Which I'm not," Rose added in once more.

"Then we're looking at a solid maybe."

"Look, Elijah's dead, right?" Stefan spoke up, "So no one else even knows that you exist."

"Not that you know of." Mallory decided to pipe in.

"That's not helping, Mal," Damon complained.

"Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know if he's real. For all, we know, he could just be some sort of stupid bedtime story," Stefan explained, causing Mallory to sigh, which lead to the whole group turning to her.

"He's real, guys," Mallory told the group, "And talking from experience, Klaus doesn't give up when he wants something. And if he wants something, he gets it. If you're not afraid of Klaus, then you're an idiot. 'Cause even I am."

Damon clearly didn't believe Mallory's explanation and rolled his eyes, "Alright, we're shaking," He sarcastically replied, "You made your point."

"I'm trying to warn you, guys," Mallory argued angrily, "But whatever, don't take it seriously. When Klaus comes to town, all of you will be dead because you didn't take my warning seriously. But that's on you. I'm out of here."

Mallory stood up and walked away from the group, heading out the door.

Only about an hour later, Mallory was walking toward school when her phone rang. She picked up the phone and answered it, only to hear Elena's voice, "I need your help."

"And why would I help you?" Mallory questioned curiously.

"Because," Elena began to respond, "I'm willing to listen to you. I'm going to see Katherine for answers and I was wondering if you would come with me."

"Sure, but just know, I'm only going because I don't have anything else better to do and I don't really feel like going to school." She explained to her before hanging up and heading to the tomb at the ruins of Fell's Church.