38

The following day, after a successful sleepover with Caroline, the blonde vampire had to leave, leaving to team up with Alaric and Damon for the day since she had no ulterior motives for the day.

After Alaric arrived Damon's compelled girlfriend, Andie Star, left for worth, the group of three met up in the parlor, "So, John Gilbert gave me this to kill Elijah," Damon revealed to his two usual partners in crime, rolling a cloth to reveal a dagger.

For once, Mallory was puzzled as to what it was, "Said you have to dip the dagger in the remains of an old white ash tree that dates back to the Originals, if there's any truth in that." He explained, handing the dagger to Alaric as Mallory walked closer to them to get a better look at the silver dagger.

"Do you think it might be a setup?" Mallory asked curiously, "Because not even I have heard of this thing before."

"It could be," Damon replied, turning around and heading to the bar, "Guy's a weasel. Wouldn't put anything past him. What are you two up to today?"

"Completely nothing," Mallory informed him, snatching the dagger from Alaric to get a better look at it.

"Well, Jenna and I were supposed to go to her family's lake house, but somehow, we both got roped into doing this Historical Society thing at the Lockwoods," Alaric explained to him.

"Where Elijah is their guest of honor," Mallory commented, eying the dagger closely. She sighed, turning to Damon, who was smirking at the information, "Tell me you're not gonna kill him at the tea party."

"No," Damon scoffed, "That would be stupid."

"But doing something stupid is a very Damon thing to do," Mallory remarked and Alaric nodded his head in agreement as he gave Damon a skeptical look.

Damon sighed, noticing the look he was getting from the two of them, "I want to know his endgame before I kill him, but I do think it's time Elijah and I officially met."

He grabbed the dagger from Mallory's hands, annoying tapping both her and Alaric with it on the chest, causing them both to look at him unamused.

_____

At the Honor's Society event at the Lockwood Mansion, Mallory and Damon entered together before going their separate ways.

About thirty minutes later, Mallory could hear Damon in the Mayor's Former Office with Elijah and immediately went to go check up on him. She entered, only to see Elijah wiping the blood off his hands with a white handkerchief while Damon pulled a pencil out of his neck, "Elijah," Mallory spoke up, causing Elijah to turn to her.

"May we speak in private?" She questioned curiously, trying to help Damon out.

"Yes, we may," Elijah replied with a smile on his face, turning away from Damon before beginning to walk with her.

Once they were away from Damon's hearing distance, Elijah spoke up, "What is it that you wanted to speak of?" He asked Mallory curiously.

"I wanted to talk about this deal you have with Elena Gilbert," She informed him, "Something doesn't add up with it. My brothers may not realize it, but I do. How are you supposed to stop Klaus?"

"Well, Mallory, I plan to go through the sacrifice and while my brother is at his weakest during transformation, I will kill him myself," Elijah explained and Mallory's eyes widened in shock, realizing that Elena had lie to Damon and Stefan.

_____

Mallory arrived at the Salvatore House after spending the rest of the day once leaving the Lockwood Mansion to see Elijah approaching the house, "Elijah, what are you doing here?" She asked him concerned.

"Well, Mallory. You're brother and his friend, Alaric, are in your house being tortured by werewolves," Elijah informed her and Mallory's eyes widened in shock.

Mallory went to go rush into the house, but Elijah grabbed her by the arm, "I got this handled. Stay here," He insisted and Mallory shook her head.

"I'm coming with you and no one is telling me otherwise," She argued, causing Elijah to sigh, knowing he had no other chose than to agree.

The duo entered to overhear Jules questioning Damon, "Where's the moonstone?" She asked Damon sternly.

"Get over it, honey," Damon replied jokingly, "You're never gonna get it."

"You looking for this?" Elijah questioned, causing everyone to turn to see him leaning against a banister, twirling the moonstone in his hand. Mallory also stood beside him, smirking.

Elijah and Mallory walked down the stairs before Elijah placed the moonstone on an end table then backed away.

"Go ahead. Take it." Elijah encouraged them, sharing a glance with Mallory, who smiled.

Soon enough, one of the werewolves used his wolf speed to rush towards the moonstone, but before he could, Mallory, being quicker, plunged her hand into the wolf's chest and ripped out his heart.

The wolf fell down onto the couch, dead. Two other wolves rushed at Elijah and Mallory. Without any effort, the two vampires plunged their hand in both of them chest, ripping their heart out also. Jules wolf-sped out of the house before she could get killed.

Mallory glanced over at Stevie before looking back at Elijah, "I got this," She told him before walking over to Stevie, who crouched down and pulled his jacket over his face in fear.

Mallory grabbed him by the arm, pulling him up and off the floor, "What about you, love, hmm?" She questioned daringly, "You want to take a shot at us? Yes? No? Maybe? Where did that bitch go?"

Damon looked around mockingly, "I don't know," He answered.

"Eh, whatever, it doesn't really matter," She shrugged, punching Stevie so hard in the face that his neck broke before he fell to the floor, dead.

"Impressive," Elijah complimented Mallory, who sent her a smile.

Elijah walked over to Damon and removed the chains strapping him down into the chair, "So you realize this is the third time I've saved your life now?" He reminded Damon who didn't respond.

Elijah turned around, grabbing the moonstone before walking out of the house.

______

After helping Damon clean up the mess the werewolves made before Damon was informed about Elena's real deal with Elijah, Mallory was left at the Salvatore house alone. She was sitting in the parlor, drinking a glass of bourbon when she heard a noise outside. She jerked her head up and got off the couch, walking toward the door, "Damon? Stefan?" She called out, opening the door.

She looked around but didn't see anything, causing her to proceed to close the door and walked back over to the couch. From a shadowy corner outside the Salvatore house, Tyler sighed as he watched Mallory walk back into her house. He felt the need to say goodbye to her before he left, but he knew he couldn't.

He shook his head, leaving the house and heading back to Jules' truck, ready to leave town.