12

In Mallory's hotel room, the female vampire sat on one of the beds, reading a page of George Lockwood's journal

May 12, 1864

Days have passed since I've told Mallory about my secret. It felt odd to, since I've never said it aloud before. Luckily, Mallory confessed to me that she, too, had a secret of her own.

While everyone was out searching for creatures of the night, there was some living right under our noses during the daytime. Mallory was among those creatures. She explained to me that the reason she was able to walk in the daylight was because of the Lapiz Lazuli ring she wore upon her ring finger. I promised her I wouldn't tell anyone of her secret. Why would I? I love her more than I've loved anyone else before. I don't care that she was a vampire. She accepted my curse, so I would do the same.

Flashback, Mystic Falls, 1864

At the Salvatore Estate, Mallory and George Lockwood made out under the sheets in her bed. George only wore pants without a shirt on while Mallory simply wore her corset, which was an article of clothing she dreaded wearing during that century.

George began to tickle her, causing Mallory to erupt into loud giggles, "What are you doing, George? Stop it!" She said in between laughs.

Mallory pulled the covers off of the two of them before George wrapped his arms around her waist, pressing quick kisses to her neck.

"Why don't you make me, Mallory?" George playfully challenged her.

"If you say so," Mallory responded as she rolled George over before straddling him. She allowed her fangs to grow and revealed her vampire face, hissing at him. George stared at her with both curiosity and admiration.

He lifted his hand up and caressed her face, "You're so beautiful," He told her quietly and Mallory smiled down at him, placing her hand over his.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door, causing Mallory to retract her fangs and allow her face to go back to normal, "Yes?" She spoke up loudly as she remained on top of George, pinning his wrists down with her hands.

She turned her head to see who was entering the room, only to see that it was Emily Bennett, "Excuse me, Miss Mallory. I've already informed Miss Katherine, but Miss Pearl is here to see you both."  Emily informed the girl.

"Thank you. I'll be down soon. Please ask Miss Pearl and Miss Katherine to wait for me. I have to get dressed," Mallory told the female witch before realizing that Emily was waiting to be dismissed, "That is all for now."

Emily exited the room after being dimissed, shutting the door behind her. Mallory stared at the door for a brief moment before looking back at George down, "Fun's over, sadly," Mallory informed him as she gave him a pouty face, "Business before pleasure."