22

Mallory stood in her bedroom at the Salvatore House, looking over some of her diaries, nostalgic about her past with Pearl

Mallory stood in her bedroom at the Salvatore House, looking over some of her diaries, nostalgic about her past with Pearl. Damon was walking down the hallway when he noticed Mallory's bedroom door open, even though it was always kept closed.

Damon walked into Mallory's room to find her standing in front of her cabinet full of journals. Hearing his footsteps, Mallory looked up to see Damon standing there. Her cheeks were streaked with tears and her eyes were red and puffy.

Damon shook himself out of his thoughts, not wanting to ask Mallory if she was alright. He was supposed to be mad at her, "Who died?" He asked jokingly, "I mean, that's the only time I've seen you cry."

Mallory immediately wiped the tears from her eyes. She stuffed her journal back in the cabinet and closed the doors before turning to Damon, "Pearl, actually," She revealed and Damon's eyes widened in shock, "Gloat, why don't you? I know you've been waiting for her to get killed off."

"I know you cared for her, Mal," Damon replied, walking closer to Mallory, "She was a scary bitch, but somehow you saw the good in her. She treated you like a daughter and I know you always yearned for a mother figure."

Mallory couldn't hold back the tears anymore and began to cry, "She died, thinking that I was ditching her to stay in Mystic Falls while she was leaving." She informed Damon, who surprisingly began to hug her, "I can't ever take it back, Damon. It hurts."

"You gotta live with it, Mal. It'll make you stronger," Damon whispered to her and Mallory immediately remembered her saying the same to Jeremy.

"You can't recycle advice that I gave to someone else!" Mallory pulled away from Damon and gave him an annoyed look.

"Well, what else was I supposed to do? I suck at advice?" Damon complained, "Just know, now that you're done with the tomb vampires, you can come back home."

"You and Stefan hate me, why would you want me to come home?" Mallory questioned him.

Damon furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "Who the hell said we hated you?" He asked and Mallory became silent, "Listen, Mallory. A lot has happened since you decided to join the dark side so why don't you get your ass downstairs and have a drink or two with me so we can discuss what you've missed. Sound good?"

Mallory was hesitant at first before nodding her head, "Let's go."

_____

The following morning, Damon and Mallory entered Alaric's classroom to see Alaric, Elena, and Stefan waiting for them. Elena immediately tensed up at the sight of Mallory, clearly not being told by Stefan that Mallory was working with them now.

"Damon, thanks for coming," Alaric greeted the two vampires before turning to look directly at Mallory, "Nice to officially meet you, Mallory."

Mallory smiled at Alaric, "Pleasure. I'm sure." She replied sarcastically before Damon spoke up.