14

In Mallory's hotel room, Elena groggily woke up from her slumber

In Mallory's hotel room, Elena groggily woke up from her slumber. She spotted Ben sitting in a chair at the end of the bed, sleeping. She quietly gasped and sat up frantically.

Elena glanced around for a way out and stared at the front door. She looked from Ben to the door, estimating if she could make it without waking him. Quietly, Elena slid off the bed and cautiously stepped over Ben's outstretched leg. She slowly backed up to the door, keeping an eye on Ben. Elena unlocked the deadbolt on the door, looking back at Ben occasionally.

She turned the lock on the door and prepared to open it, "I wouldn't." Ben suddenly spoke up.

Elena gasped as she spun around to face him. Ben inched toward Elena before he began to use his compulsion on her, "Don't try to escape. Don't even move," He compelled her, not knowing Elena was wearing vervain, "Do you understand?"

Elena was silent for a long moment before she nervously gulped, "I understand." She spoke up in a monotonous voice.

Ben scoffed as he turned around to get a bottle of blood out of the mini fridge. While he was distracted, Elena opened the front door and began to bolt out, only to have Anna and Mallory block her escape. Anna roughly grabbed Elena by the hair and pushed her back into the motel room, "Seriously!" Mallory complained, "Can you do anything right?"

"I told her not to move!" Ben exclaimed, "I did that eye thing that you taught me!"

"And forgot the lesson about vervain, I'm guessing!" Anna retorted, her eyes locking on Mallory with an annoyed look before she glanced over at Ben, "She dates a vampire, Ben. Duh!"

Anna pushed Elena up against a wall and opened the bathroom door, "Who are you? What do you want?" Elena questioned before her eyes locked on Mallory, "Mallory?"

"It doesn't matter who we are," Mallory responded, pushing past Anna before she forcefully pushed Elena into the bathroom and then shut the door.

After Anna and Mallory explained the whole plan to Ben as to what was about to occur, "You didn't hurt the witch, did you?" She asked Ben concerned.

"No, I knocked her out, just as you asked," Ben explained to her, "What's the big deal about keeping her unarmed?"

"Mallory made a promise to Bonnie's ancestor Emily Bennett many years ago to keep her descendants safe as long as Emily did the tomb spell. Mallory might not seem like it, but she's a person of her word. She keeps her promises." Anna explained.

Mallory turned to glance at the bathroom door and frowned when all she could hear was the running water coming from the bathroom sink, "See what they're doing," She ordered and Ben immediately listened.

Ben forcefully pried the bathroom door open, causing both Bonnie and Elena to jump in fright. Keeping his eyes locked on them, Ben turned off the sink, "You're wasting your time," Bonnie told him confidently, "I'm not going to help you."