21

Days later, Pearl and Mallory had come to an agreement to hand over the device they stole from Johnathan Gilbert to Damon and now, all seemed good in Mystic Falls

After much discussion with Pearl and a couple of broken glasses, Mallory ended up finally convincing her that there was no be side effects of going to school like a regular human girl. It felt odd to be back at school since it had been months since she had been there as 'Mallory Salvatore, the new girl and Stefan Salvatore's baby sister.'

  Mallory soon spotted Jeremy walking toward school with his earbuds in. She was quick to catch up to him before lighting pulling out one of his earbuds, "Surprise, surprise," She greeted Jeremy with a smile.

Jeremy chuckled and smiled at the sight of Mallory, "What are you doing here?" He asked the girl curiously.

"Well, I've decided to re-enroll into Mystic Falls High," She revealed to Jeremy.

"You're kidding me, right?" Jeremy asked her, "Why would you want to go to high school? It blows. And from what you've said, you've been at least a dozen times."

"I think it's obvious by now, Jer," Mallory replied, nervously biting her lip.

Jeremy stopped walking and turned to face Mallory, "So you're saying you'd suffer through all of this," He paused, gesturing toward the school, "Just to hang out with me?"

Mallory smiled and nodded her head, "Yeah, I would." She told him.

"That's um..." Jeremy trailed off and Mallory sighed.

"Stupid, pathetic, pointless?" Mallory questioned, "Trust me, I think I know. I'm an eight hundred old ruthless vampire falling in love with a human boy."

"I was going to say awesome," Jeremy corrected her.

Mallory couldn't help but smile. She walked closer to Jeremy, breaking the gap between them. Jeremy leaned his head down as they began to kiss each other.

After a moment, Jeremy pulled away, a smile on his face, "Hey, but would you mind using your compulsion powers to convince my English teacher to bring my grade up to a ninety?" He questioned, causing Mallory to playfully roll her eyes as she lightly hit him on the chest.

Jeremy laughed at Mallory, wrapping an arm around her before they walked into school together.

_______

After school, Jeremy and Mallory headed back to Jeremy's house and went up to his room. The duo sat on his bed as Mallory explained to him everything that was going on in the town, "So your friend, Pearl, was in love with Johnathan Gilbert, and he betrayed her?" Jeremy asked curiously, "Just like Tyler's ancestor, George Lockwood, betrayed you?"

"Pretty much, yeah," Mallory replied, nodding her head.

Jeremy flipped through some of the pages of the Gilbert journal, "And now my Uncle John wants this invention-device thing you guys gave to your brother Damon?"