32

The next morning at school, Mallory walked down the hallway and immediately stopped when she saw Sarah's memorial right beside her locker. She rolled her eyes, not even feeling bad for Sarah at all, "Good riddance," Mallory muttered under her breath.

She decided to not even go to her locker and as she continued to walk down the hallway. She soon spotted Tyler at his locker and as he tried to put his combo in, he ended up ripping it off with his newly found werewolf strength. Mallory quietly chuckled before continuing to make her way through the school. It felt like forever since she had attended.

Meanwhile later, during fourth period, Mallory was sitting in history class when her name was suddenly spoken on the loudspeakers, "Mallory Salvatore, please report to the main office. Thank you." Mallory frowned in confusion, glancing at Alaric, who stood at the front of the classroom teacher.

Mallory knew, whatever it was for, she would just compel her way out of her. She shrugged, picking up her bag and belongings before leaving the classroom. She entered the office, only to see Stefan and Damon standing there.

She sighed, rolling her eyes in annoyance as she walked over to them, "Compelling the secretary to call me down, really?" She complained, holding up her cell phone, "Cell phones were invented for reason."

"We need to talk," Damon informed her, "It's about Elena."

"Of course, it is," Mallory replied sarcastically, "Isn't it always when it involves the two of you?"

"This isn't time to be funny," Stefan scolded her, "Elena's in danger. Someone kidnapped her and we believe it's someone from Katherine's past, which means they're over five hundred years old and we could use you."

"I'll help you," Mallory suddenly agreed, causing both her brothers to be taken aback by how easy it was to convince her, "I'm not doing this for you, I'm doing it because I don't want you guys dying while trying to save her. So, do you know where she is?"

Damon nodded, handing Mallory his phone that had the map on it. She examined it for a brief moment before looking up at her, "Let's hit the road, Jack."

______

In Damon's car, the radio was on, but placed at a low volume that made it barely heard by Mallory, who sat in the backseat while Stefan sat in the passenger's seat and Damon, of course, drove.

"Alaric sure likes his weapons," Stefan commented, referring to the vervain grenade he held in his hands.

"What the hell is that?" Damon asked, glancing over at his younger brother.

"Well, it's a vervain bomb or grenade launcher or something like that," Stefan informed him and Mallory quickly ripped it out of his hands.

"Then, you better put it down before you accidentally cause it to blow up in our faces." She snapped at him as she placed it down, "Anyways, which one of you knows how much further until we get there? I'm bored."

"About eighty miles," Damon replied, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Who do you think took her?" Stefan asked his siblings curiously.

"Someone from Katherine's past. She said she was running from someone," Damon answered before quickly at Mallory and then back at the road, "You know, it would really help if a certain someone told us at least one thing about her past to help us."

"You're right, Damon. I should," Mallory told him before dramatically pausing, both of her brothers waiting for her to tell them something about her past, "But I won't."

Both Salvatore brothers sighed in defeat, a smile forming on her lips because of it, "But I will tell one thing," She paused, feeling as though they should know at least one thing, "Elena's going to need to be protected if word gets out about her existing and I don't think either of you have what it takes to defeat this greater evil."