20

Mallory was walking through the town's square when Jeremy spotted her, "Mallory? Mallory!" He called out, trying to catch up to her

Growing annoyed with her name being called repeatedly, Mallory stopped walking and turned to Jeremy, "What is it, Jeremy?" She asked with an attitude, clearly still mad about the night before.

"Come on, don't be like that, Mal," Jeremy sighed, shaking his head.

"Why not?" She snapped at him, "You were basically using me to turn you into a vampire so you could be with someone else. Hearing that really broke my heart even more than it already was. To think, I thought you cared for me, the same way I cared you."

"I like you!" Jeremy argued defensively, "I more than like you and I feel like a total asshole for last night. I wasn't using you, I swear."

"Really? And how would you like to define it?" Mallory questioned him through her gritted teeth, "I've been through this before. I've betrayed by someone I loved before and I refuse to let that happen again."

"Wait, you--" Jeremy began to say, but was cut off when Mallory began to walk away.

Jeremy quickly grabbed Mallory's hand, stopping her, "Please, Mal. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. Forgive me, please." He pleaded.

Mallory sighed as she turned to Jeremy, "Fine, but you break my heart and I'll rip yours out, got it?" She threatened him and Jeremy didn't even seem bothered by what she had said.

"Something tells me you're not joking, but for some reason, I'm fine with that," Jeremy admitted and Mallory couldn't help but laugh.

Jeremy walked a bit closer to Mallory as she placed a quick kiss to his lips before wrapping an arm around her, "Hey, Jenna just texted me that she was ordering some Chinese. Wanna go back to my house and hang for a bit?" He offered and Mallory smiled, nodding her head.

"Sounds great," She replied, "Maybe after that, I can give you some backstory on myself."

"Really?" Jeremy asked in disbelief and Mallory smiled, nodding her head.

_____

At the Gilbert House, Mallory, Jeremy, and Jeremy's Uncle, John, all sat at the kitchen table eating Chinese Food while Jenna stood in the kitchen, "I have no interest in the Founders' Day Kick-off Party." Jeremy told his uncle.

"Sure, you do. It's tradition," John informed Jeremy, taking a sip of his drink.

"It will be our role to break the tradition," Jenna commented, causing Mallory to quietly laugh.

"The Gilberts have been a part of this town for a hundred and fifty years. We're one of the founding families and with that distinction comes certain obligations including going to the party. One day, when you can appreciate the significance, I'll tell you all about your heritage." John explained to Jeremy, causing Mallory to quietly scoff, knowing what he meant.