42

Mallory was in the parlor, fetching herself a glass of bourbon while she tried to think of a solution to Damon's werewolf bite. She frowned when the scent of burning flesh filled her nose.

Realizing it must have had to do with Damon, she vamp-sped into the library, only to find Damon trying to kill himself by exposing himself to sunlight without a daylight ring on.

Mallory rushed over to her brother, tackling him to the ground. She gripped onto the collar of Damon's shirt as she hovered over him, "Get off of me," Damon groaned.

Mallory lifted Damon up as she stood up from the ground. With her vampire speed, she roughly slammed him against the wall, "You're not doing this, Damon," She growled at her elder brother.

"Just did," Damon replied without a care on the world, only to have Mallory slam him against another wall down the hallway, "You know what happened to Rose, Mal."

"I don't care," Mallory argued in a low tone.

Mallory sped out of the room and down to the cellar within the blink of an eye, dragging Damon along with her. She threw him into the cell, locking the door right after, "You're not dying today, Damon. I won't let you," She informed him, looking through the metal bars and down at him.

Damon turned so that he was no longer laying on his stomach, but now on his side, "What's the plan, Wonderwoman?" He questioned her mockingly.

"Stefan and I are going to find a way out of this," She replied and Damon scoffed, clearly not believing her.

"Oh, right. A miracle cure," Damon sarcastically commented, "Good luck with that one, Mal."

"Stefan's got Bonnie looking for something, anything," Mallory informed him in a determined.

Damon dramatically sighed, "Always trying to find a way, Mallory," He retorted, "Get over it. There's no plan you can create to save me. I'm going to die so just tell me Goodbye, get it over with."

Damon began to have a coughing fit. He coughed into his hand, only to spit up blood. Mallory sighed, "I'm not going to say goodbye because you're not dying. Not on my account," She told him sternly, "So why don't you lie still and conserve your strength."

Mallory glanced at Damon one last time, just before walking back upstairs to speak with Stefan, "How is he?" Stefan asked his sister as she entered the parlor.

"He's spiraling," Mallory replied with a sigh, "Do you need help with Bonnie? Caroline invited her to go with her to the festival thing in the town square, but I could always cancel."

Stefan nodded his head, "No, no," He argued, "Go with them. I got this handled."

"You sure?" Mallory asked him concerned.

"I'm sure," Stefan reassured her, nodding his head, "Go be a normal teen for once. I got this handled."

_____

Once meeting up with Caroline, Mallory walked with the blonde vampire over to where Jeremy and Elena stood together on a sheet on the grass. Mallory sighed out, feeling annoyed that Caroline had never mentioned anything about Jeremy being there. Mallory hadn't even spoken a single word to Jeremy since the breakup.

"Hey!" Caroline called out, causing Elena and Jeremy to turn to her and Mallory, "There you guys are. I hope you don't mind I brought Mallory."

"It's fine," Elena assured her, kneeling down on the sheet she had placed down. She watched closely as Jeremy and Mallory shared an awkward glance before avoiding eye contact with each other.

"Who's hungry?" Mallory asked, lifting up two baskets of food.

Jeremy sighed out, rolling up his sleeves, "Are we really doing this?" he complained as Mallory placed down the two baskets next to Elena.