34

In the school's parking lot, Tyler dribbling the basketball before shooting his ball into the hoop, which easily got in. After hitting the ground, the ball began to roll away. He turned to see where it went, only to see that it was now in the hands of Mallory, who stood pretty far away from the basketball hoop, "Shoot it," He encouraged her and Mallory was hesitant, "Come on, you can do it."

Mallory playfully rolled her eyes before shooting the ball from her spot, which was several feet away from Tyler. Tyler's eyes widened in shock when it got in easily. He turned to Mallory once more, "Damn. You should join the girl's basketball team," He suggested and Mallory couldn't help but laugh at him.

"Very funny," Mallory commented, causing Tyler to give her a puzzled look.

"Why not?" He questioned curiously.

"Two reasons," She replied, holding up two fingers, "One, I hate modern day sports. Two, I'm a loner, I don't do things in teams. It's a shocker to anyone if I even have a partner in the things I do."

Mallory smiled, passing the ball to Tyler, which he quickly caught before the female vampire walked over to him, "I don't know if you know this, but there's a full moon coming up. Caroline and I were wondering what you plan on doing about that." She informed him.

"Vampires don't have enough problems, you want to take on mine too?" Tyler questioned with a smile on his face.

"As long as I have some human blood in my system, I work like a normal teenage girl with no social life," She replied before asking him yet another question, "Tell me, Tyler, have you even thought about it? The whole...turning into a wolf thing? Do you know what you're going to do? How you're going to chain yourself up?" 

"I have a plan," Tyler replied, nodding his head.

Mallory waited for a brief moment, hoping that he would tell her. After he didn't do so, she spoke up, "Well, aren't you going to tell me what your plan is?"

"It's kind of private," Tyler told her, causing Mallory to sigh dramatically.

"Tyler, I've been alive for eight hundred years. I've dealt with my fair share of werewolves. Hell, I've even dated one. I helped him through some of his transformations, which means I have experience," She explained to him, "Are you really going to turn down my help?"

Tyler seemed hesitant at first, letting out a large sigh, "Fine," He finally agreed, causing Mallory's lips to curl upwards.

"Just so you know, Caroline's going to help us, too," She revealed to him and Tyler nodded his head, completely fine with it.

Mallory sent Tyler a small smile before walking away. As she did so, she suddenly stopped when she saw Jeremy with Bonnie. They were both smiling, clearly happy to be in each other's company.

She looked away, shaking her head, "Just ignore it, Mallory. It's not worth getting worked up over," She whispered to herself reassuringly before walking the other way.

____

In the woods, Tyler, Caroline, and Mallory all walked together toward the Lockwood Cellar, "I saw the way you looked at Jeremy and Bonnie," Tyler spoke up, causing Mallory to turn to him, "What happened between you and him anyway? Last time I saw you guys together, you seemed fine."

"He thought he knew me well, but when he saw the real me, he didn't like it and broke things off," Mallory explained to him, "I should've known better."

"I'm sorry," Tyler told her sympathetically.

Mallory scoffed shaking her head, "I don't need your pity," She snapped at him, causing Caroline to sigh out since she knew Mallory didn't know any better, "I apologize. I just hate when people try to pity me. But the thing about Jeremy and me breaking up, I believe it's better this way.