13

When nightfall came, both Anna and Mallory headed to the high school, where they only heard one other heartbeat in the school

When nightfall came, both Anna and Mallory headed to the high school, where they only heard one other heartbeat in the school. That heartbeat belonged to the new history teacher, which Mallory didn't get to met yet since she hadn't attended school in weeks.

Mallory and Anna rushed past the history class with vamp-speed, giving a quick glimpse of the teacher, who sat at his desk grading papers with the Gilbert journal a few inches away from him. After hearing something, Alaric looked up, "Hello?" He called out, only to get no answer.

Alaric got up and went out into the hallway to look around, "Hello?" He called out, but couldn't see the two female vampires since they were hiding behind a wall, close by, waiting, "Someone there?"

Alaric turned to his right and began to walk down the corridor, giving Mallory and Anna the opportunity to vamp-speed into his classroom. Mallory grabbed the journal before grabbing Anna by the arm and vampspeeding out of the school with her.

____

In their hotel room, Anna was looking through the journal, while Ben got ready for his date with Bonnie and Mallory continued to read George Lockwood's. Mallory stood up from reading the journal and walked over to Anna, "Anything?" Mallory asked concerned.

"Not yet," Anna replied, keeping her eyes locked on the book, "Just a lot of gibberish. Yeah, some people just shouldn't journal." "I thought this Gilbert was the brains." Ben commented as he leaned over to look at the journal.

Anna sighed as she looked up at him, "Don't you have a date?" She asked him annoyed.

"Yep. Wish me luck." Ben replied with a smile. The male vampire moved in to kiss Anna, but Anna pushed him away, not taking her eyes off the journal, which lead to Mallory as laughing as Ben left the room.

Mystic Falls, 1864

At Pearl's apothecary, Katherine was whiffing various perfumes as Pearl spoke both to her and Mallory, "Have the two of you thought any more of what I've said?" She asked the two curiously.

"We'll leave soon, Pearl, I promise," Katherine replied while continuing to sniff various perfumes, "I need to take care of a few things first."

"You're going to turn both of them, aren't you?" Mallory asked her in a hushed tone, only to have Katherine send her a mischievous look, "Katherine, please. Be careful. If any of us, including my brothers, end up hurt because of you, I give you my word--"

Before Mallory could finish her sentence, Katherine interrupted, "We'll all be safe, I promise." Katherine assured her.

Katherine looked over Pearl's shoulder to see both Johnathan and George entering, "Mr. Gilbert and Mr. Lockwood are approaching. Quick, your cheeks," Katherine suddenly said, pinching Pearl's cheeks before doing the same to Mallory, "Perfectly rosy."