8

In the span of one day, Mallory and Stefan's shot at a human life was ruined; Elena ended up finding out about Stefan and Mallory being vampires, Damon ended up escaping the cellar and in the process, he killed Zach, which Mallory tried her hardes...

In the span of one day, Mallory and Stefan's shot at a human life was ruined; Elena ended up finding out about Stefan and Mallory being vampires, Damon ended up escaping the cellar and in the process, he killed Zach, which Mallory tried her hardest to cry about.

  Stefan went to go fetch a wooden stake before he met Mallory at the door. As they were about to open the door, flashes of the year 1864 went through both of their minds.

Mystic Falls, 1864

Stefan waited on the doorstep of the old Salvatore estate as a horse-drawn carriage arrived in front of him. Emily Bennett exited the carriage first then Katherine exited the carriage soon after. Katherine observed Stefan for a moment. Soon enough, Stefan approached her after Emily finished smoothing out Katherine's dress.

"You must be Miss Pierce." Stefan finally spoke up, a small smile on his face.

Katherine smiled, holding out her hand. Once Stefan had grabbed her hand, Katherine curtsied, "Please, call me Katherine." She replied before the two were suddenly interrupted when Mallory walked out of the house.

"Katherine," Mallory spoke up, causing both Stefan and Katherine to turn to look at her, "I hope this arraignment will be pleasant. If not, you're out of here."

Stefan stared at Mallory in disbelief when he heard her words. He had never seen someone so cold to someone that was supposed to be their guest. Katherine merely chuckled, smiling at Mallory, "It will, Mallory. I assure you."

Mystic Falls, present time

  As they opened up the front door, they were suddenly face to face with Elena, who looked both scared and determined, "What are you?" Elena asked them and when they didn't reply, she repeated her question, "What are you?"

When Stefan didn't bother to respond, Mallory spoke up, "I have the feeling you already know, Elena." She told the human girl.

"No, I don't," Elena responded and Mallory stood a step forward, causing Elena to back up.

"If you didn't know, you wouldn't be here confronting us about it," Mallory replied with an attitude.

Elena shook her head in disbelief, "It's not possible. It can't be."

Stefan stood a step closer to Elena, setting down the stake that was in his hand.

"Everything you know...And every belief that you have is about to change," Stefan informed her, "Are you ready for that?"

"What are you?" Elena asked Stefan in a low tone.

"We're vampires," Stefan responded and Elena immediately looked horrified.

"I shouldn't have come." Elena managed as she began to back away.

"No. Please." Stefan pleaded with her.