28

Lockwood Mansion, 1864

At the Lockwood Mansion, during the first Founder's Ball, Mallory and George were dancing together since they were each other's escorts while Stefan and Katherine were dancing together.

Mallory and George walked in a circle, the palms of their hands almost touching. Just then, George leaned forward, about to kiss her. Mallory smiled, placing a finger to his lips, stopping him, "Uh! No touching, Mr. Lockwood. Those are the rules, remember?"

George smiled at Mallory, "I thought you hated rules, Mallory." he reminded her and Mallory chuckled.

"Well, I'm making an exception this time," She replied, just before George spoke up.

"Ever since the arrival of Miss Pierce, I've been gifted with your presence more than usual. Now, I don't have to fight with your brothers for your attention." George commented, causing Mallory to laugh.

"That is because Katherine has my brothers wrapped around her little finger," She commented, only to notice how George's gaze went elsewhere.

"Looks like Mr. Gilbert came to join us," George told her, causing Mallory's head to turn.

She frowned when she saw Jeremy Gilbert in modern-day clothes. Jeremy's eyes locked on her before turning away and walking toward the door.

"Jeremy!" Mallory called out, moving away from George as she got ready to go after Jeremy.

"Mallory, don't," George warned her but was ignored.

Mallory exited the Lockwood Mansion, only to find herself entering the Mystic Grill. She frowned, glancing down at what she was wearing to see that she was now wearing modern day clothes.

She glanced around the Grill, only to lock eyes on Jeremy, who stood near the pool table. Jeremy looked in her direction, holding out his pool stick, "It's your turn," He said, which Mallory thought was directed to her.

As she was about to walk over, Bonnie stepped in front of her and began to walk toward Jeremy, a smile on her face, "I already know you're going to beat me." She commented.

Once making it over to Jeremy, the two teenagers kissed, causing Mallory to frown. Footsteps were heard behind her and Mallory turned her head to see George walking over. Once he stood in front of her, he completely transformed into Katherine, "It hurts, doesn't it, Mal? Seeing the person you love with someone else. Now you know how I feel," She explained to Mallory, "Help me with my plan, Mal. You know you want to. We were best friends for centuries, together we can be unstoppable."

Present time

Mallory woke up with a groan, knowing exactly what happened to her, "Stay out of my head," She complained as she vamp-sped out of bed to see Katherine sitting on her bed with a smirk on her face.