10

About two weeks had past and no one had heard from Mallory, which was quite a shock

About two weeks had past and no one had heard from Mallory, which was quite a shock. Stefan and Damon figured she left town to go on some type of bender. Little did they know, she was living right under their noses.

Mallory sat on one of the beds in Anna's motel room, listening to the voicemails Stefan had sent her in the past two weeks, "Mallory, I'm sorry for everything, but I wanted to tell you, Lexi's back in town for my Birthday. She wanted to know if you wanted to make our duo a trio, just like old times?" She heard Stefan say through the phone.

Mallory sighed, pressing the delete button before she began to listen to the next voicemail, "Mallory, once again, I'm sorry for everything. Damon pulled a Damon and rid the town of our vampire problem by killing Lexi. I just wanted to let you know. I need you here with me, it's unbearable alone with Damon. I'm so used to it being us against him."

"Next," Mallory muttered to herself, trying her hardest to think about how much she missed her brothers.

"Mallory, come to find out, the real reason Damon is in Mystic Falls was to release Katherine from the tomb. Emily Bennett possessed Bonnie and destroyed her talisman, which was Damon's only hope on getting Katherine back. Now, Bonnie knows all about us. Call me back."

Mallory let out a sigh, beginning to listen to the last voicemail left from her brother, which was sent just the night before, "Mallory, this is the fourth time I'm leaving a message, but I'm in the deep need of your help. Elena found out about her looking exactly like Katherine and I can't find her anywhere. I need your help, please come back."

Mallory placed her phone down before turning to Anna, Ben, and Noah, all of whom seemed to be looking at her, "What?" She asked them, a puzzled look on her face.

Noah and Ben immediately looked away while Anna got up from her seat on a chair and walked over to Mallory, "So what's our plan on getting the Gilbert Journal?" Anna asked Mallory, "Any ideas?"

"I have one already," Mallory smiled as she stood from sitting on the bed and began to put her shoes on, "I'm off to befriend Jeremy Gilbert for the second time. Elena had my brother compel him to forget about me. What made them think I wouldn't befriend him again?" She explained to Anna gave her a raised brow.

"You're not starting to like him, right?" Anna asked concerned, "You know how that ended up for my mother when she fell for a human."

"Don't worry. I'm done falling for people I shouldn't," Mallory replied before leaving the motel room.

________

At the Mystic Falls library, Jeremy Gilbert was searching through the nonfiction aisles for books that could help with his research. Just then, three books fell from the shelf, causing her to jump in fright as he quietly gasped. He sighed in relief, realizing that it was just books.