Chapter 16 Percy's Birthday

Hey guys its my birthday soon so I decided to write a special chapter on Percy's birthday, it was on August 18th :) 

Annabeth's POV

I had gathered up the rest of the future demigods while Percy was distracted by stuffing himself with food. "Okay so today is Percy's birthday"  I explained to the rest of the demigods, I had the perfect plan to throw him the best birthday ever! "So I think that we should throw him and PJ a surprise party" I said smiling.

 "Totally" Piper said. "That's an awesome idea!".

 Cheers and "Yes's" were heard from the rest of the group.

 "Okay so here's what we're gonna do" I said. "Travis and Conner, you guys have to get word out to the rest of the campers about the party without Percy or PJ finding out".

 "Got it" they said saluting me and dashing off. 

"Leo, you'll make Percy and PJ's gifts" I said, handing him the designs. 

He quickly went through them. "These are awesome!" he exclaimed and ran off looking excited. 

"Frank, Hazel, Chris, Clarisse, Nico, Katie, and Grover; decorate the pavilion for the party, banners, streamers, balloons, the whole thing, you can find most of the supplies in the big house, anything else you can ask the Hermes cabin for" I instructed. They nodded and walked away to get ready. "Piper you and me will bake and decorate the cake" I said, she nodded happily. "Jason your job is to distract Percy and keep him away from the pavilion, I don't care what you have to do just don't let him come near" I instructed.

 "Got ya" Jason said and set off to find Percy, I already had GU and AC distracting PJ. Piper followed me into the kitchen. 

"Okay so what kind of cake are we making?" Piper asked as she started to grab ingredients out of the pantry and fridge. 

"Chocolate" I replied, grabbing coco from the pantry. We added the ingredients into the bowl and started to blend it. Piper grabbed four circular baking pans, all in different sizes. 

"Why don't we make a tiered cake, it'll look cooler and will feed more people" she suggested. 

"Awesome idea Pipes" I said smiling happily, Percy was going to love it!  We put the pans in the oven and started on the icing. The oven beeped and I pulled out the cakes. 

"Hey Pipes, why don't we do a full out sea theme"  I asked excitedly. 

"Sure, and we can cut of waves and coral, fish, and starfish pieces out of fondant" She said happily, the cake was going to look fantastic! 

Jason's POV

I couldn't wait for the party, Annabeth was a genius, Percy was going to love it! "Hey Jason I need your help, it's Annabeth and I's anniversary  and I don't know what to get her" Percy exclaimed, looking frantic.

 "Why don't you get her a bracelet or necklace?" 

"No" he said frowning, it's not special enough." I racked my brain trying to think of something. 

"How bout a locket with a picture of you guys in it, and you can get engraved if you want" I suggested. 

"Jason that's brilliant your a genius" Percy exclaimed looking like a child on Christmas. "I'll go ask Leo to make one right now". I smiled. Percy seemed so happ- wait Leo was making Percy's gift right now, I thought panicking. I sprinted after Percy, he was about to open the door to the Hephaestus cabin when I body checked him, sending him sprawling. 

"Hey Leo I'm here with PERCY" I yelled loudly, emphasizing Percy's name. I heard thumps and crashes from inside as Leo hurried to hide whatever he was making.