Chapter 21 The Battle of Olympus Part 2

Jason's POV

I stared at Percy in suspense along with the other campers, the tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife. "The campers went off to their battle stations but I had something to do first" Percy said. "My dad had given me a sand dollar for my birthday, at first I had no idea what it meant but it turns out there extremely valuable in the sea world. I went to the rivers, lot's of the monsters where coming by boat so I was going to try to convince the river gods to sink the ships." 

"By convince you mean bribe" Travis said happily, he turned to Katie. "See bribery is an important skill." Katie just sighed and shook her head fondly. Oh Travis, I thought amused the day the Stolls stopped bribing people would be the day Percy stopped eating blue cookies, it was never going to happen. 

"Well it worked and the river gods sunk the ships" Percy said smiling, the campers cheered. "But we where still out numbered" Annabeth pointed out, well that put a damper on things I thought mentally wincing. 

"So Annabeth was waiting for me and we joined the fight" Percy said. The future campers cheered at that. 

"Thank god for that, Percy was practically a whole army" Grover said. 

CLR rolled her eyes. "Don't over exaggerate, one demigod is not that good." I smirked yeah not a normal demigod I thought but Percy isn't exactly normal. 

"Oh Percy was awesome" Annabeth said smiling proudly. "We joined forces with the Apollo cabin and he destroyed two hundred monsters single handily in less than five minutes." My eyes widened, I had seen Percy fight and had no doubt at his powers but two hundred monsters in less than five minutes, holy Hera he's good even Thalia looked shocked. 

Percy was blushing and rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. "Oh for gods sake stop being so modest" Piper practically yelled at him. Percy just blushed harder and I laughed that was my Pipes. 

"So then I saw Kronos" all the laughter from before stopped abruptly and every stared at Percy with rapt attention. "He was on the other side of the bridge so I broke the bridge with the water underneath" Percy said shrugging like it was nothing, nothing my ass I thought shaking my head. 

"That is so cool" Leo exclaimed, everyone looked at him oddly and he smiled sheepishly. 

"I looked to my left where one of the Apollo cabin members, my friend, used to be standing. He was gone, the only thing left was his shield, he had died, been dragged away by a monster" Percy said looking down, I felt my heart twinge in sympathy it was hard to lose people in battle, I knew that. 

"Anyway the next set of events happened so fast I barley had time to process it all" Percy said grimly, I noticed he clutched Annabeth's hand harder. "Ethan, one of the traitors, tried to stab me from behind and by some kind of freak coincidence he was aiming directly for my Achilles spot" Percy said disbelievingly, like he still couldn't understand it. The campers gasped and my eyes widened, wow Percy had absolutely horrible luck! "There was a scream and I turned around yo see Anabeth on the ground, a knife in her arm, she had taken it for me" Percy said pulling Annabeth and kissing her. I felt a mix of emotions then. Worry for Annabeth, confusion about how Annabeth knew where Percy's Achilles spot was, and relief that the knife hadn't hurt Annabeth in any crucial areas. 

Percy continued grimly "I whistled for Blackjack and he picked up Annabeth and flew her back to the base" I sighed in relief along with the other campers, she was safe for now. "After I broke the bridge I ran back to our base was had set up in a hotel, it turns out the dagger was poisoned" he said grimacing. 

Percy's POV

I clenched my hands into tight fists, Annabeth had gotten hurt and nearly died because of me! "Percy stop" Annabeth said, reading my mind. "It's not your fault, it was my decision to take the knife for you now shut up and stop thinking about it" Annabeth scolded me. I smiled and leaned in to kiss her, she always knew what to say, even if I still felt a little guilty.