Chapter Four

My head was being split open, that could be the only valid explanation for the amount of pain I felt. I tried to work my eyes open but they refused to comply with my attempt. I could feel my mouth hanging open, jaw still not healed meaning I hadn't been out for more than just a few hours.

I attempted to move my arms but was only met with resistance and burning at my wrists. I was chained to a wall. My head rolled to the side, the muscles in my neck stiff from the fight and from hanging down in an awkward position.

I winced as I took a deep breath in through my broken nose, attempting to pick up a scent I would recognize, fearful of the one scent I hoped it wasn't. I knew I wasn't in my cell anymore. My cell didn't have an area to chain a body too. My feet didn't hit the ground so I knew I was suspended up.

There were only faint scents of strangers. Others had been in the room but they had left a while ago.

'They aren't apart of the pack!' I could feel my panic and reached for my wolf hoping to find some form of comfort in his presence. Unfortunately, his presence was too weak.

I made another attempt to open my eyes up but again I was unable too. Something was covering them. I pulled against my restraints again, harder this time. Shoots of pain filled my body as my torn muscles and broken bones protested the action. I could feel my anxiety climbing, my breathing coming out faster and faster.

'I can't breathe.' The startling discovery just continued to increase my distressed mind and soon enough I was gasping for air, hyperventilating and panicking.

'Where's Alpha? Where's the pack?' My mind took a dark turn as I remembered the guard who had told the Beta about the breach in our territory. Had it been war? Was I even on pack grounds still? Was the Alpha ok? What about Luna, the Beta, the pups? My mind raced with every possibility, and as my mind raced so did my heart. I felt myself becoming light-headed as my hyperventilating continued and soon enough darkness was once again my solace.

....

"Why do they keep an omega in such conditions? Is he feral?"

"He's not pack, he's probably a rogue they picked up."

"Alpha Kain won't be pleased, why did you guys hang him up?"

"He's going into heat, figured he'd be safer chained to the wall."

"You're a dumbass."

Voices, they were loud and unknown to me. The pain in my head was a dull ache now, but the voices in the room were like nails on a chalkboard to my sensitive ears.

"Hey he's waking up, Orion, go get the healer." A burly voice said and I was surprised when I was able to bring my hands towards my head, clamping them down on my ears as I attempted to stifle the loud voices of the people occupying my cell.

I felt my wolf creep forward and I couldn't help but to feel relief at his presence, much stronger than before. He started to mentally urge me to hide, he was afraid. 'Strangers.'

That's when reality hit me like a ton of bricks. I didn't know these voices and their scents were foreign to me. None carried the Alphas scent.

My eyes flew open and in immediately regretted the action as the light was blinding. Blinking rapidly, I tried to adjust my vision. Three others occupied the small space and without much thought, to where I was and who these Weres were I jumped back and onto the floor. My body still not even close to being fully healed resisted the quick movements. I winced at the pain but even as I scrambled to find a place to hide the three men jumped, startled by my actions.

"Hey there, just calm down." My headshot to the right where the man spoke. He wasn't as tall as the other two but he was obviously well built. He was bald and bulky. His face sported a long beard and his eyes were a light brown a good contrast to his dark skin. His bare upper body was filled with tattoos and piercings. 'Danger.' He was dangerous, even with his hands held up in surrender I could see the wolf behind those eyes.