Chapter 18: The truth

Namjoon's POV

"Guys..." I heard Yoongi hyung say. Finally... What was up with these two? Looking at each other like that.  I motioned Yoongi hyung to go ahead.

"So... Urghhh! I never wanted to tell you guys this way. WE never wanted to. But guess we don't have a choice," Yoongi hyung said, trying to avoid everyone's eyes. The only other person who was feeling uncomfortable was Taehyung. He was shivering as if he was expecting something bad to happen.

"Yah! Yoongi! Stop beating around the bush and tell us what's up!" Jin hyung snapped. He was clearly getting impatient.

Yoongi hyung cleated his throat.

"Tae and I. We are dating."

No one's POV

For a moment, everyone was silent. And then all hell broke loose. Jimin squealed in delight and hugged Yoongi, while trying to manhandle Taehyung. Namjoon was singing a congratulations song at the top of his voice and Jin was joining him.

Everyone seemed to be in a festive mood. Well, everyone except for two people. Jungkook was clearly upset. He kept staring at his feet. Tears were welling up in his eyes. He was trying his best not to burst out crying. He had never imagined Taehyung would hook up with Yoongi. But now that it had happened, he couldn't believe it.

Hoseok, on the other hand, was feeling slightly disappointed. "Guys guys! What's wrong with you? This isn't good. People will say stuff about us. About BTS! What will we tell them?" Hoseok asked. He was concerned about the two newly formed couple and the rest of the members.

Everyone went silent. They hadn't thought about what others would say. "Let's not tell anyone yet. You know, keep it to ourselves," Jimin suggested.

"Um guys..." Eveyone turned to see who it was.

Taehyung's POV

It was the first time I spoke after Yoongi hyung had told our secret. "I'm sorry for hiding it. We just got together and we seriously didn't know what to do. Sorry hyungs. And Jungkook," I said, turning towards Jungkook. Everyone followed my gaze. "I'm sorry. I know how you feel about me. But I'm sorry. I don't want to hurt you. I didn't want to. But..." I faltered. I didn't know what to say to make him feel better.

"Hyung..." Jungkook said, slowly looking up. I held my breathe in anticipation. "CONGRATULATIONS!" He screamed. "Don't think I'm not sad. Of course I'm sad. I never expected this. And how did you know that I like you? Anyway, hyung, I'm happy for you. If you are happy, then I am happy. It's gonna take some time to get over you, but it'll happen eventually. Thanks for telling though. And have fun with Yoongi hyung." He winked.

I felt a newfound respect for Jungkook. I'm pretty sure everyone was thinking the same. Our Golden Maknae was all grown up. I felt so proud and happy that Jungkook accepted our relationship.

I thought nothing could ruin this happy moment. Guess I thought wrong.
.
.
.
.
A/n: Yo guys... it's your author... Here's another update. Guys pls leave comments. It really motivates me.
I already have 400+ reads but very few comments and votes. 😭😭😭😭😭

Tnks for reading Peanuts. I love you guys.