Two

"Sittin' at a table full of double dates"

Arriving at school I head towards my locker to meet Zoey, once I get there I notice she isn't here yet

Arriving at school I head towards my locker to meet Zoey, once I get there I notice she isn't here yet. Which honestly isn't surprising because she's never on time to meet me, but I'm sure she's just busy doing her hair or makeup.

"You know you should really invest in some better clothes, I mean all you ever wear Is neutral colours." I hear Zoey say as she approaches my locker.

"Say's the girl who always wears skirts and dresses even when it's the middle of winter." I say back

"Whatever, where's your brother? he hasn't been answering any of my texts." she asks kind of rudely

"He had practice this morning, I'm sure he'll answer you when he can." I answer

"He better. Let's start walking to class, if I'm late again Mr. Kelvine is gonna get me suspended." she says in annoyance.

"well maybe if you didn't spend so much time on your appearance then you wouldn't be late." I say

"Yeah and if you spent more time of yours then maybe you would be able to get a boyfriend." she fires back

"Who says I want one? I mean no offence to the guys at this school but they're all jerks, and the ones who aren't jerks are either gay, taken or my brother." I state as we approach the classroom.

"hey if you wanna die alone and loveless then that's on you." she says while sitting down at her assigned seat.

Just as I was about to answer I hear the teacher call me over to his desk. Walking past the students who had all started to pile in, I make my way up to the front of the classroom.

"Callie, I was wondering if you could go to the supply closet and get some more red paint and bring it to the art room, I told Mrs. Monaco that I would do it but I still need to do a few things before class starts." Mr. Kelvine asks me

"Sure." I answer back, not like I could say no anyways.

After handing me the key to the supply closet, I walk all the way to the other side of the school to get the paint. Luckily for me the art room is just in the hallway next to this one.

Walking into the room I start looking for the red paint only to find it on the top shelf, putting my foot on the second shelf from the bottom and start reaching up to grab it. As it slowly starts to tip towards me, I don't have any time to move out of the way as it falls over drenching my head in the crimson paint.

As I stand in the middle of the supply closet, drenched in paint and in complete shock all I could say was, "Only me."

Deciding I couldn't just stand in the closet for the rest of the day, I texted my brother asking him to grab my stuff from Mr. Kelvine's class as I had gone home early and that I would explain everything later.