Twenty nine

"But I can't seem to settle down"

The serpents and some of the southside kids who went to southside high have chained themselves to their old school to protest against tearing it down

The serpents and some of the southside kids who went to southside high have chained themselves to their old school to protest against tearing it down. Which is why Happy, Logan and I are walking to the school so I can talk to Sweet pea about everything that's been going on between us lately.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Logan asks while trying to get Happy to stop pulling on his leash.

I nod, "I have to do this."

The two of us and Happy stop in front of the school. I spot Sweet pea and a few others chained to the front sign. Taking a deep breath I walk over and crouch in front of him.

A few seconds go by and we just sit there staring at each other.

"Hey." I mutter, trying to break the tension.

"What're you doing here?" He asks gruffly

"Figured I'd come ask if we can talk when there's no chance of you running away." I answer

For a split second I notice a faint smile on his face before it's gone again.

I clear my throat, "Sorry, that was a bad joke. But I really did come here to ask if we could talk."

"I'm a little busy right now." He responds stiffly.

I nod, "Right, sorry." I get up and turn to walk away when he calls out to me.

"I'll be here tomorrow morning to continue the protest, why don't you stop by and we can talk then."

I turn back to him and smile, "Thank you."

I walk back to Logan who asks me how it went.

"As good as can be expected."

***

It's early in the morning the next day and I decided to go to the protest alone today, seeing as Logan and Happy are both still sleeping and my parents are working.

As I approach the school the first thing I hear is the loud chants of the town echoing across the parking lot. The yard and parking lot are full of people holding signs, even pop is there handing out hot chocolate.

I'm about to make my way over to sweet pea when I notice Archie Andrews and the bulldogs making their way through the crowd of people.

I push through the crowd of people and stop once I get to the front of the crowd, where I see Jughead pulling his dad away from Archie.

"Don't. They'll throw you in jail, don't give them an excuse." Jughead says to his dad.

"I'm sorry, Jughead." Archie says

Jughead smiles sadly, "Me to." They look at each other for a moment before Jughead continues, "I'm not gonna fight you Archie. Look around you, it may have taken a couple of days but now people know what Hiram Lodge is doing. What's happening here, this fight is not gonna go away, we're not going to go away. So go on, cut us down, I want them to see you do it."

Jughead holds his arms up for Archie to cut the chains, and he does. The sounds of peoples boos doesn't stop him or the bulldogs as they move onto everyone else.

I see sweet pea pull away from the wall once the chains are cut and angrily walk away from the school. Deciding to be courageous for once, I run after him. He looks down at me and stops walking.

"Follow me." He says walking in a different direction than the others now.

"Where are we going?" I ask, trailing behind him

"You wanted to talk right? So we're gonna go somewhere private and talk." He responds

"Is now really the best time?"

He doesn't bother answering and veers off into the woods. I silently follow behind for a few minutes and then we both come to a stop.

He lead us to the spot that we found together a couple months back.

A/n

It's been so long since I've posted and I'm so sorry, I've just been super busy lately with packing and moving the boxes into the new place.

But I hope you liked this chapter, the next one should be up soon!

Have a good night/day!

Don't forget to vote and comment:)

I don't own the gif or picture above.