Thirty one

When the week started I didn't expect to be attending a fellow students funeral

When the week started I didn't expect to be attending a fellow students funeral. I never personally knew Midge but that doesn't mean I'm not upset over her death. I shed a few tears for the life she had lived and the life she'll never get to continue.

A few days later and I'm standing in a classroom with the serpents as they hold a meeting about the Ghoulies getting released.

"Word on the street is that they're gunning for a rematch. They want war." Jughead states

Suddenly the door bursts open and Reggie and the Bulldogs barge in.

"Which one of you reptiles was screwing Midge Klump?" Reggie asks rather rudely.

Jughead moves away from the desk to face Reggie, "What the hell is going on? This is a private meeting."

Reggie looks towards Sweet pea and points, "I'm guessing it was you, Sweet pea."

For some reason the thought of Sweet pea and Midge together put an unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach. Even so, I inch closer to Sweet pea as he moves Jughead out of the way to stand in front of Reggie.

"You ass, I didn't even know Midge. But yeah I can get why she wouldn't wants fleas from you mangy Bulldogs."

Sweet pea doesn't get a chance to continue because Reggie shoves Sweet pea which makes him bump into me, making me fall to the floor. I quickly get up as everyone starts to shove and yell at each other.

Thankfully Jughead and Archie soon break everyone up. Not wanting to startle him, I carefully place my hand on Sweet peas arm.

"Are you okay?" I ask quietly

He looks down and me and nods, "Are you?"

I nod and look towards the Bulldogs, breathing a sigh of relief as I notice they're leaving.

***

The next day I'm standing by my locker looking at my phone, watching the same video everyone else appears to be watching.

Turns out Fangs was the one doing the dirty with Midge.

The principals voice comes over the PA system and calls Fangs to his office. I look down the hallway as I hear Reggies voice ring out through the hallway.

"You're dead vixen killer!"

Jughead and Toni try and get Fangs out of Reggies way but as soon as they turn around the new sheriff is standing in front of them.

"Mr Fogarty. I'm gonna need you to come with us."

I inch closer to the scene to see and hear better.

"I didn't do anything." Fangs says before turning around and trying to walk the other way, only for Reggie to stop him.

Fangs clearly panics and turns around again to try and run, only two officers catch him and slam him up against the wall. I hear the sound of something hitting the floor and look down, Fangs' pocket knife fell out of his jacket. The officers notice and throw Fangs to the ground, putting him in cuffs.

I don't know Fangs very well but I know he wouldn't do something like this. But I know the truth will come out, it always does.

***

"He'll be okay." I say to Sweet pea as he paces my living room.

Sweet pea had come over seething about Fangs getting arrested and the Bulldogs trashing the Wyrm. I had been doing my best to calm him down, but it's not exactly working.

"He didn't do this. Those damn Northsiders always blame us for every single bad thing that happens around here and I'm sick of it." Sweet pea says angrily

"Sweet pea-"

"No you know what? Screw this, I'm gonna head to the station so I can be there when he's released." He doesn't bother waiting for me to reply and walks out the door and into the cold dark night.

I sigh and rush after him, hoping to keep him from doing something stupid.

The walk to the station is long and silent. However the silence is broken as we near the station, angry yells are all that we hear. We turn the corner and see a crowd of people, the yells are so loud I can hardly understand what they're saying.

Sweet pea grabs my hand and holds it tight as he leads us through the people. We make it inside and see Jughead and the other Serpents. He lets go of my hand as he see Fangs and rushed towards him, clapping him on the back and asking if he's alright.

I notice Logan is here and go to stand beside him.

"What do we do man?" Sweet pea asks Jughead just as Fangs pipes up

"I don't wanna die." He says fearfully

Jughead turns to Fangs, "You're not going to. Look at me okay?" He looks at everyone around him, "We stand together so none of us falls. In unity there is strength."

"In unity there is strength!" The serpents say together

They all surround Fangs and make their way outside, me following closely behind Sweet pea and Logan.

It's complete and utter chaos, the people are yelling and trying to shove their way through the serpents to get to Fangs.

Archie suddenly appears behind us and tackles Reggie to the ground.

The sound of two gunshots rings out above the chaotic noise of the people. I look to the right as Fangs falls the ground, blood coating his shirt.

He's been shot, and he wasn't the only one.

A/N

Who do you guys think was the other to get shot?

One more chapter after this and then part one of this book is done! Part two will come out not long after that and I can tell you right now it's going to be a lot less bland and boring as the first part that I wrote. However it will be shorter, probably only like 12 chapters cause i'm not really into riverdale anymore, but i'm also OCD and if I don't finish this book i'll start stressing.

Hope you liked this chapter!

have a great day/night!:)

Don't forget to vote and comment!

I don't own the gif or picture above.